Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

A Chapter by AirieLeva

James

Mick came running away from Mutt and Moon. I sigh of course, Mutt and Moon were being naughty naughty.

“Great,” Derek mutters. “This means I’m stuck with you.”

I grin at him, “I know, isn’t it just great.”

He groans and slams his head against the wall. “I so hate being a demigod.”

I shrug, “Not my fault you got us arrested.”

I got us arrested?!” Derek shouts.

“Yeah you did.” I reply with a smirk.

I’m not the one that tasered Officer Pizza!!!!!!” Derek growls.

“Yeah, but who do you think they’ll believe? You or me?” I ask.

“ME!” Derek shouts.

“Uh huh. Whatever. Don’t worry though, you’re with me so everything will be fine,” I say, leaning back, putting my hands behind my back and stretching out my legs I could in the back of a police cruiser. The cramped space making it hard, yet as always I made it work.

“Oh really? And how does that help?” Derek asks, glaring at me.

“Because if you’re stuck in here with me that means Mutt’s out there. And he can rescue us,” I say.

“So you’re banking on them two lovebirds to break us out of prison?” Derek asks.

“Lovebirds?” I ask.

Derek gives me a look, “Yes, lovebirds, see, this is why I’m the son of Athena and you’re the son of Zeus.”

I shrug, “We all have our moments.”

“Apparently you don’t,” Derek says.

“Please, you just don’t appreciate the art, like most people,” I say, leaning back. “Besides, Mutt will come break us out.”

“When? After he’s done getting his pizza?” Derek asks.

“Oh, is that what the kids are calling ‘it’ now?” I ask, raising an eyebrow at him.

“NO!” Derek shouts. “I meant like an actual pizza.”

“Oh,” I say. “Yeah, I knew that.”

“Right. Sure you did. So how exactly is he, and his non-intelligent brain supposed to save us from prison?” Derek asks.

I roll my eyes, “They’re not sending us to prison. We’re going to a mental hospital. Gods, start paying attention, there’s a police radio right there.”

“I CAN’T GO TO A MENTAL INSTITUTION! I AM NOT MENTAL! I AM A SMART CHILD! I AM A GOOD CHILD!” Derek shouts.

“Really?” I ask. “Then why are you in the back of a police car?”

He opens and closes his mouth, resembling a fish out of water. Then he glares at me and sticks his tongue out.

“Really?” I ask. “Wow, I am so insulted right now.”

“I can’t figure out if that’s sarcasm or not,” Derek says, giving me a funny look.

“Neither can I,” I say with a shrug.

He groans and bangs his head against the window, “This is going to be a long drive.”

“That’s if we ever get going anywhere,” I say. “Wanna play 20 questions?”

“With you? No,” Derek says.

“GREAT!” I shout. “I’ll start. Have you ever had sex?”

He pulls a face, “I am not going to answer that question.”

“Oh no!” I shout. I turn and call out to the nearest officer. “Sir, please! Help me. YOU PUT ME IN A CAR WITH A HORNY TEENAGER!”

The officer turns around slowly, the pizza he was eating halfway to his mouth. It was Officer Mick, he groans, guess that guy was just having a bad day.

“Officer Danly, move the young gentlemen,” he says, stomping away, dropping his pizza on the floor and walking away. Well, it was more like running.

Officer Danly hesitantly walks over to me, coughing slightly. “Um, which one of you is the horny teenager?” She asks.

“Him,” I say, pointing at Derek. “So will you please have me moved before you decide to have sex with him?”

“WHAT?!” Derek shouts, Danly’s cheeks just go red. That’s all.

“Well look at her,” I say. “She obviously wants to do you.”

Her eyes widen and she quickly leads me towards the cop car with Quinn in it. Then once she was sure that I was secured and not able to run away she turns and hurries back towards the car Derek is in. Sliding in the back seat.

“What did you do this time?” Quinn asks.

“I gave a young woman her heart's desire. Also, I wouldn’t turn around if I were you,” I say with a grin.

“Oh gods,” Quinn says.

“Oi,” I say. “It’s not my fault. Derek’s being a horny teenager. I had to get out of there. I’m not in the mood to be part of something like that. Well, not yet anyway.”

“Why in the hell did they have to put you in here with me?” Quinn asks.

“Because I don’t think they wanted me in there with them,” I point out.

“So what? They thought I wanted you in here with me?” Quinn asks.

“Apparently,” I say shrugging. “It’s not my fault they make such assumptions.”

“And what do you happen to be assuming?” Quinn snaps.

“Well I don’t think I should actually say, you know, considering you could kill me for it. So I’ll just say that I guess I had um, yeah, you know. Assumed we’d talk about. Um. Escaping?” I say.

“Right,” Quinn says. “Well I have a plan.”

“Great! Because I didn’t. So what’s the plan?” I ask.

“I am not telling you Mr. Big-Mouth.” Quinn says.

“Well that’s not the only thing that’s big,” I say.

۝

Mutt

“What?” I ask around a mouthful of pizza.

Moon glances away, “Nothing. It’s just that I didn’t actually think that we’d be getting pizza.”

I shrug, “You’re the one who said this is what you wanted to do first.”

She chokes on her water, coughing and sputtering, “Are you serious?”

“Was I not supposed to be?” I ask.

She opens her mouth to say something but before she can I turn towards the waitress. “Excuse me. Do you serve cake? Or pie? Sugar? I would really love some sugar right now,” I say.

The waitress gives me a huge smile, “Darling you can come get some sugar from me anytime you want.” Then she walks off with a wink.

Moon was staring at me wide-eyed. “She didn’t answer my question,” I say, crossing my arms and pouting.

“Are you serious?” Moon repeats.

I raise an eyebrow, “Quite so. Are you okay? You seem to be repeating some things.”

“You’re serious?” Moon says.

I roll my eyes and turn back towards the pizza. “Gosh, I thought we had already covered this you rainbow.”

“You realize that you just offered to sleep with her right?” Moon asks, her mouth hanging open.

I shrug, “Don’t see why that should matter though. Considering I already said I’d do it with you.”

She opens and closes her mouth, blinking a few times as if she was trying to clear her head. “Um,” she says.

“But I mean, I suppose I could go and revoke my invitation if you’re jealous. I didn’t mean anything by it,” I continue.

“Are you serious?” She asks.

I sigh, of course, just when we were getting somewhere. She just had to ruin it. I was doing everything short of painting it in neon colors across my forehead.

“Well,” I say with a grin. “Looks like we’re done with the pizza. Should we move on?”

۝

Nykole

I watched as the police cars carrying Quinn, Derek and a boy I didn’t know drive away. I frown, surely they would at least try to escape. Albeit, Derek looked like he was perfectly fine with the female cop in there with him. Doing Zeus knows what.

I sigh and climb onto my bike, following them at a distance, trying to figure out what was going on. Where was Mutt and Moon? Actually, I didn’t want to know that.

Not with the rumors that had been floating around Olympus the past few days. I mean honestly, we had a war happening, and I’m the enemy. Yet here I was, just watching them as they completely didn’t know anything about me stalking them. I growl under my breath, hitting the dashboard, why couldn’t Ares do this? He was the damn god. He needed something better to do than sit around and get fat daily. He’s the damn god of war.

The police cars turn the opposite way from the police station. I frown, surely they were getting arrested. Why weren’t they going towards the jail? God I hate cops. They had come after me a few times, for nothing that even made sense. The first time it was because I ran a red light. The second time I set the school gym on fire. And the final time I killed my brother. So honestly it was for nothing really and I just can’t believe the cops came to deal with it.




© 2019 AirieLeva


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

40 Views
Added on May 3, 2019
Last Updated on May 3, 2019

The Forgotten Battle


Author

AirieLeva
AirieLeva

Los Angeles, CA



About
I believe that through books the world and everyone in it can still find hope, even at the darkest of times. The real heroes are the ones that you find within yourself when you and others are in need... more..

Writing
The Moment The Moment

A Poem by AirieLeva