Chapter Forty-Seven

Chapter Forty-Seven

A Chapter by AirieLeva

Moon

After my conversation with Quinn I felt cold inside. It wasn’t exactly about what she said, but more of the fact that she said it while being angry. People always spoke the truth when they were angry.

I walk back to the Hospital House, shuffling my feet. Bat had been keeping Mutt sedated, and not allowing any visitors in the actual room. Just a viewing room where you could look in through one way glass. I barely left, Quinn never came.

Bat wasn’t in the building when I got there, and I walked straight into Mutt’s room. Ripping the tubes and wires out of him and the machines that they were connected to.

“WAKE UP!” I scream at him. “JUST WAKE UP! WHY WON’T YOU WAKE UP? GODS! WE NEED YOU MUTT! WAKE UP FOR HADES’S SAKE! WAKE UP! JUST WAKE UP! EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE IS FALLING APART! SO WAKE UP!”

I scream and throw a machine into the opposite wall.

“DO YOU HEAR ME?” I shout, tears running down my face. “WE NEED YOU! I NEED YOU! SO WAKE UP!”

I fall to the floor, cradling my head in my hands with tears running down my face.

“Please wake up,” I whisper. “I wish you’d wake up.”

I sat there for who knows how long before arms wrapped around me.

“Your wish is my command,” Mutt whispers to me.

I sob louder and wrap my arms around him. He holds me back and for the first time in a long time I feel whole.

“MOON! WHAT DID YOU DO?!” Bat shouts, barging into the room, the door falling to pieces around him.

Mutt leaps up, pulling me with him as he backs into the wall.

“No!” I cry, holding my hands out as if it would stop Bat from advancing with the needle. “It’s okay! He’s okay! You don’t have to do that!”

“I’m the doctor here!” Bat shouts. “Not you! Not Lenzie! ME! NOW GET AWAY FROM HIM!”

Mutt’s arm tightens around me, not that I would’ve left anyway.

“NO!” I shout. “He’s okay!”
“HE IS NOT OKAY!” Bat screeches. “HE IS A DANGER! TO HIMSELF AND TO US! NOW GET AWAY FROM HIM! RIGHT NOW!”

I don’t move, Mutt seemed like he was getting ready to bolt, fidgeting and bouncing on the balls of his feet.

“GET HER AND RESTRAIN HIM!” Bat screams, and a few Ares kids come in, looking apologetic.

That’s when the world fades and Bat gives a cry of outrage. Until the world reforms and we were standing on a beach, water lapping at our feet. Surrounded by sun and palm trees. A sign on a building a few feet away saying, ‘Hawaiian Resort’.

“Mutt?” I ask, turning to face him. “Why are we here?”

Mutt shrugs, looking around, “I didn’t want to be there.”

“Yes but Hawaii?” I ask.

“Wanted to get away,” Mutt mumbles. “We can leave?”

“No!” I exclaim. “NO! We can stay. I’ve never been to Hawaii before.”

Mutt smiles at me and I smile back. Feeling at peace.

۝

Bat

“NO!” I scream when Mutt and Moon fade from existence. “NO! DAMNIT ALL!”

I throw the syringe at the wall, kicking the already destroyed machine that was laying on the floor.

“What are you yelling about?” Larissa demands, walking in. “I swear, I can hear you all the way at the Arena!”

“Mutt and Moon are gone!” I snap. “THEY MIST TRAVELED OR WHATEVER! THEY’RE GONE!”

“Haha,” Larissa says. “Listen, if you wanted to lie you could’ve came up with something better don’t you think?”

“Yeah,” I reply. “If I wanted to lie.”

“Are you saying what I think you’re saying?” Larissa demands.

“I’m saying that we lost them!” I shout.

“Oooooh no,” Larissa says, backing away. “You. You lost them. Not me.”

“Come on!” I groan. “Are you serious here?”

“Yes,” Larissa snaps. “Yes, I am very serious.”

“You have got to help me!” I plead, dropping to my knees and holding up my hands. “Please?!”

“No, the people I gotta help are waiting for me in the Arena, peace,” Larissa says.

Seconds later she comes running back in, “Bat!”

“What?” I ask.

“Quinn’s gone!”

“What?!” I ask again, jumping up.

“She’s gone. I have no idea where she is!” Larissa says.

“But without Lenzie we have no leader!” I say. “She wouldn’t have just left!”

“Derek is acting leader of Godville,” Larissa says. “Lenzie made it a rule a few days ago. Whenever she was gone and Quinn was too, Derek became acting leader.”

“Oh,” I say. “Really?”

“Yeah.”

“Oh,” I repeat. “Okay.”

Larissa rolls her eyes, “I’m going to go tell him.”

۝

Derek

“You know what this means?!” I ask the House Heads at the meeting.

“What?” Cervan, Head of Demeter House asks.

“IT MEANS I’M IN CHARGE B*****S!” I say, throwing up my hands and cackling like an evil person.

The room goes dead silent, and I swear that Cervan made the crickets chirp.

“Gotta say, not the applause I was hoping for,” I say.

There was another dramatic pause and then they all jump up and start clapping and cheering.

“Now that’s more like it,” I say, even though I knew it was a sarcastic gesture.

I walk out of the room, the cheers following behind me. Now, just like everyone who just got promoted to a mayor's job, I needed a nap.

۝

Moon

“So what are we going to do?” I ask.

“Eat,” Mutt says, looking around for a place that looked good.

“Seriously?” I ask. “Mutt we’re in Hawaii! All you want to do is eat?

“Why?” He asks, turning to me with a grin. “Have something else in mind?”

“Totally not whatever is going through your mind right now,” I answer. “Let’s eat. I’m starving.”

“Hey Moon! We’re in Hawaii loosen up a little bit why don’t you? Live a little!”
He jogs to catch up with me.


© 2019 AirieLeva


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

22 Views
Added on May 14, 2019
Last Updated on May 14, 2019

The Forgotten Battle


Author

AirieLeva
AirieLeva

Los Angeles, CA



About
I believe that through books the world and everyone in it can still find hope, even at the darkest of times. The real heroes are the ones that you find within yourself when you and others are in need... more..

Writing
The Moment The Moment

A Poem by AirieLeva