Causes of Wars

Causes of Wars

A Chapter by Anthony
"

Comparing

"
World Wars affect everyone. They are global occurrences caused by a few nations. The First World War was caused by rising tensions between nations in Europe.  Competing imperialist goals, armaments races, and a naval buildup led to the start of World War I. After World War I, Germany held resentment for the other nations. The Treaty of Versailles was harsh to Germany, and Germany blamed its economic issues on the treaty.  As a result of the conditions Germany was under, Adolf Hitler and the Nazis were able to rise to power.  Germany invaded Poland, and that invasion started the Second World War. Japan was expanding as well, creating tensions. Benito Mussolini established himself as dictator of Italy and worked to strengthen Italy’s military. These three nations were against the world in World War II. The United States got involved after Japan bombed Pearl Harbor. The war came to a close soon after. The United States dropped atomic bombs on Nagasaki and Hiroshima, ending the war soon after. World Wars are caused when a few nations’ tensions rise to high and break, involving the rest of the world in those tensions.


© 2010 Anthony


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

395 Views
Added on February 18, 2010
Last Updated on February 18, 2010


Author

Anthony
Anthony

Council Bluffs, IA



About
I'm not normal in any case (Feel free to ask away). I enjoy reading to get a release into someone else's world. I enjoy writing to share my world. My Story "Fallen Mortality" Was started a couple year.. more..

Writing
Ties Ties

A Poem by Anthony


Ripples Ripples

A Poem by Anthony