Influence of Religion

Influence of Religion

A Chapter by Anthony
"

Essay

"

Does religion unite people or drive people apart? With some people believing in their respective religions will unite them. But some religions clash and drive people apart.  Most people of different religions interact well with each other. But in the past this was not always the case, such as during The Crusades. During The Crusades Christians clashed with the other religions over the holy city of Jerusalem. One’s own belief can influence their behavior. Some radicals will go as far as to attempt genocide. Other radicals will never quit attempting to convert people to their faith. The impact of religion on society has changed a bit. Religion used to influence politics as well as government. The Crusades were started by the Pope’s request for Christians to join in a cause to capture the holy lands. Now government and religion are separate in some countries while some others are still closely tied together.



© 2010 Anthony


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

460 Views
Added on February 18, 2010
Last Updated on February 18, 2010


Author

Anthony
Anthony

Council Bluffs, IA



About
I'm not normal in any case (Feel free to ask away). I enjoy reading to get a release into someone else's world. I enjoy writing to share my world. My Story "Fallen Mortality" Was started a couple year.. more..

Writing
Ties Ties

A Poem by Anthony


Ripples Ripples

A Poem by Anthony