Personal Experience

Personal Experience

A Chapter by Anthony

There is an experience that I cannot, and will not ever forget. It was an experience of fear before and after happiness. That fear being only a momentary lapse in the calm of life that everyone experiences. It was during a fishing trip. We had driven down along a dirt road alongside the lake, and had been fishing. A couple hours passed and it began to sprinkle rain, we thought nothing of it. Then it got heavier, and quicker. We packed up and started to drive out along the dirt road. As we hit the top of a hill to turn out onto the exit, we hit, and were stuck in, a pothole. The rain had already become a downpour, turning the dirt into mud. We kept trying to get out of the pothole, but began sliding backwards instead. Behind us was a drop, and about 15 feet down was the lake. We almost fell over that edge, but, after what seemed an eternity, we made it out and made our way home.  That fear is something that everyone experiences to some degree. Some people experience it in a more fearful way, while others would only be slightly frightened.


© 2010 Anthony


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

461 Views
Added on February 18, 2010
Last Updated on February 18, 2010


Author

Anthony
Anthony

Council Bluffs, IA



About
I'm not normal in any case (Feel free to ask away). I enjoy reading to get a release into someone else's world. I enjoy writing to share my world. My Story "Fallen Mortality" Was started a couple year.. more..

Writing
Ties Ties

A Poem by Anthony


Ripples Ripples

A Poem by Anthony