Thirteenth-Century Literature

Thirteenth-Century Literature

A Chapter by Anthony

My literary form I have chosen is Courtly love. You may have seen it in several different literature you've read such as Romeo and Juliet. It is a form in which a man falls in love with a woman. She is so beautiful that the sight of her puts the man in sudden shock. Like in a more recent movie the Notebook. The man fell deeply in love with the woman and he showed her every way he could; including how brave and out there he was. The beauty of her was stunning to him. In Romeo and Juliet, Romeo wanted to be with her, but the parents wouldn't let them because they were in a feud.  Yet he loved her so much that he died for her and like in the description of courtly love he had fallen for her hard. He was a man who suffered from the love he had for that beautiful woman. Romeo also proved himself worthy of the beautiful woman, Juliet, that he had fallen so deeply in love with. Romeo sees Juliet with the beauty that wounds him through his eyes. Romeo also became sleepless over Juliet, because he loved her so dearly, yet couldn't openly be with her.



© 2010 Anthony


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3087 Views
Added on February 18, 2010
Last Updated on February 18, 2010


Author

Anthony
Anthony

Council Bluffs, IA



About
I'm not normal in any case (Feel free to ask away). I enjoy reading to get a release into someone else's world. I enjoy writing to share my world. My Story "Fallen Mortality" Was started a couple year.. more..

Writing
Ties Ties

A Poem by Anthony


Ripples Ripples

A Poem by Anthony