Move on

Move on

A Chapter by Arjunan Kumar

Is Love Destined?

                                                  - Arjunan Kumar

                                    CHAPTER - 11

“There comes a time, when you don’t know whether to wait or move on”

Move On :

Moving on phase is the most difficult one. You can delete the pictures, messages, but not the memories. It sticks with you throughout your life. I never thought of hating her or forgetting her. Instead, I distracted myself from her thoughts. I concentrated on my CAT exam preparation, learned a new language and to play guitar.

I cleared my CAT exams with a decent score and entered IIM Cochin. After six months, Jennifer called me.

“Hey aju, how’s cochin? How’s your hostel life?”

“Everything’s perfect jenny. How’s your internship going on?”

“Ha, just a usual desk job aju. By the way, I have an information about krithi”. My heart pounded many times on hearing her name.

“Krithi’s dad died a couple of months ago and krithi’s mom called off her marriage and took over the business on her own. She also sent krithi to London for higher studies”. Though her father’s demise made me sad, I was happy that we would get a chance to stay together. But my mind raised a doubt….

“wait, she had a chance to return to me, but she didn’t. so……”

“Yes, understand arjun, she moved on. If she still had feelings for you, she could have come back. Don’t mourn over her anymore and get ahead in your life. Okay, I got to go. Bye take care”, jenny hung up.

‘She had a chance to return to me, but she didn’t. why?’- Maybe she lost her interest towards me or maybe she’s seeing someone else. While trying to find answers for this, I have developed anger issues. Everything triggered my anger. I started quarreling with fellow hostel-mates for no reason. I have lost my faith in true love and on people’s promises. I distanced myself from people and enjoyed my own company. But still my innocent heart mourned for HER sometimes. I understood the extreme of my anger issues only when I had an incident with jenny.

“Hey aju, why the hell you were ignoring my calls? It’s been a month since we talked. What’s wrong with you?”

“Nothing jenny. Just busy with my studies”, I replied.

“How about lying better? Just tell me what happened? Still mourning over krithi?”

“Why are you bringing up her name? And why the hell you concern about me so much? Are you my sister or lover? Just stay in your limits jenny. I can take care of my own”, I hung up the phone. I felt nothing at that moment, but after a few minutes I felt guilty and shame of my act. I shouldn’t have done that to a person who stood by me when everyone left me. I tried to call her, but no response. I can’t sleep the whole night and to my surprise, the next morning jenny knocked on my door. I hugged her and cried.

“Sorry jenny. I shouldn’t have done that to you. I’m losing myself again jenny. I never thought krithi would do this to me. The picture of her with someone else is just creeping my mind. Help me jenny. Please”

“I know that you were going through something aju. That’s why I hurried to help you out. And by the way, I’m not your sister or lover. But, I’m your friend. So, don’t ever dare to ignore me again. I won’t show up anymore like this”. I explained my situation to her. She spent the whole day with me and made me to join therapy sessions and yoga to control my anger. She was really my guardian angel.

In my final year, I started a job seeking website praca.com ( Praca, the word for ‘work’ in polish language), with the help of my dad. I did a lot of research and met many entrepreneurs to gain knowledge about this field. I hired a group of 8-youngsters who had a thirst for achieving something great. I offered them a low pay, but promised them a certain amount of shares of the company in the future. We incorporated our business in a small rented apartment at Chennai. We received our 1st business transaction in the second month. We worked through weekends and holidays to ensure a harmonious flow of business. We stood out from our competitors; we had a unique way of approach to our business. Within a year, we became the most trusted company in our field.

Every magazine covered our success story. Our business made a huge turnover by the end of second year. Businesses from overseas poured in, we entered into the global market and our shares value took an lightning speed hike.

Everything was going perfect in my life, until the night I met her again.

“Arjun, Arjun”, her intoxicating voice brought me back to the reality.

“hey, kri…krithi”, I stammered. An unknown fear engulfed me.

“can I have a word with you, please?”, she held my hands and dragged me into the pub.

‘ it’s gonna be an interminable night’, my mind hinted.

***********************************************************

--- Hey guys, please drop your feedback and keep supporting……. Will meet you guys soon with another chapter.

Thanks for your Support for the Previous Chapter guys . XOXO.

- Arjunan Kumar  



© 2020 Arjunan Kumar


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

18 Views
Added on June 18, 2020
Last Updated on June 18, 2020
Tags: love, romance, relationship, teenage love, modern love, modern relationship, soulmates, destined love, romeo, complicated relationship, breakup, patchup, 2020, 2025


Author

Arjunan Kumar
Arjunan Kumar

chennai, India



About
finding peace through Writing...... more..

Writing