Chapter 17 : First injury

Chapter 17 : First injury

A Chapter by CatKr

The next few weeks went by without a problem, of course both of my parents tried to coax me 
into saying more than just "Mommy"and"Daddy" but seeing their reaction when saying "hungry" 
I suffered a trauma of food and refrained from saying much more ...

Brrr, where did they find so much food ???

About two months after my birthday, the atmosphere changed. 
Incidents happened and I got injured by a few broken toys that were mixed with my own. 
I suffered a large bleeding wound and said my fourth word in this world "hurts!".

At that time :

I was playing while being right next to my parents that requested a bit of alone time from their staff ... 
I think they said they wanted to try for another son, preferably a boy this time ... 
Of course with all the fake acting they did the servants believed them and kept heir distance from my room.

*sigh* Good that I started to realize when they act and when not.Their acting skills are really scary ... 
I have to practice for the future I think my parents would want me to not blow their cover.

*while rummaging through my toys to distract my parents (a still sitting almost 1 and a half-year-old child 
is not very normal) *

Ok so from what I have gathered my role is a young princess from a little kingdom near enemy borders, 
since my father and I am of the demon blood and ... Solaris I think, hates the people of darkness 
so to say the demon tribes. 
I am hated by my father for being a girl .... And my mother .... Urm.... 
Aah yes she neglects me since I am a girl and the daughter of my father, her slaver. 
So I am a lonely princess .... Might add a little stupid in the mix that would give my parents more reason 
for "hating" me .... Yea that should be good ... Now how will I act around other people ... Hmm ...

Suddenly a sharp pain assaulted my hand and without thinking I screamed and shouted "HURTS!"

My parents were almost instantly by my side and examined me all over. 
When my mother looked at my hand she gasped and tears sprang to her eyes. 
I looked at my hand and saw a big flesh wound bleeding furiously and burning my nervous system down 
as I almost did not register anything outside the pain. 
With teary eyes I looked up to my mother and showed her my hand .

Almost instantly she snapped out of whatever shock she was in and light gathered around my hand pouring into me. 
My dad was also near tears but could restrain letting them fall by hugging me. 
I could feel that they blamed themself for not paying attention to me and letting me get hurt. 
Feeling the pain lessen I started thinking about the chain of events and it was clear to me that whatever caused this 
was hidden in my toys.

With my healed hand I ignored my parents worried look and started searching my toys, 
finding a toy with an embedded blade in them. Not wasting time I presented it to my parents and again said "hurt" 
as to symbolize that this toy hurt me.

My parents looked at me in shock and placing the toy/blade out of my reach hugged me while crying.

I drifted off into a sleep but came instantly awake when they started talking, of course, I faked sleep .... 
What would you do ? Alert them to your state and miss the information ?

"Mesanth do you think it is normal for a 1 year old to be so accurate in finding the cause of her pain ? 
And when she was hurt she did not throw a fuss like a normal child , no she was very calm 
despite the injury and started seeking my help immediately .... 
Do you think she can understand us ? 
You know all the time she was really quiet and suddenly says a word in the right place and time, take for instance 
her first two words "Mommy" and Daddy", normal children start rambling until they can produce a sound 
and not just say complete words at first ..."

Urg ... I made a mistake ... a big mistake... Mom you are really to clever .... I think I should start acting like a real child .... 
Urg well that is a training for my later acting ... Yes think positive ... Positive ...

"Emerthelil I don't know if she can understand us but I do think she is our little genius ... 
And why are you so sad ? You should be happy . 
We can explain our situation to her a lot earlier than planned !"

Well, surprise to you, daddy ! I already understand the situation ... mostly .... 
Maybe it is not so bad to let my parents know just how smart I am .... 
Well lets put them on probation for that .... 
Should be alright. 
Right ?



© 2016 CatKr


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

207 Views
Added on April 20, 2016
Last Updated on April 20, 2016

Another day. Another life