Chapter 31: Soul beast egg

Chapter 31: Soul beast egg

A Chapter by CatKr

As I opened my eyes I knew that I almost worried my parents with my unresponsive state once again.  
Not enough that the day before I had a sensory breakdown thanks to my contract being formed.  
Today I had to play the unresponsive again so my parents naturally were in a little panic before I woke up.


After about an hour of reassuring my parents of my physical and mental health, they calmed down ...   
I really do not know how they will play the disappointed and cold parents in public ...   
Maybe I should install a permanent soul connection with them so that I can scold them if their mask slips .... 
Actually, that is a good idea.

When they could think straight again my father pulled an ordinary looking egg from his back that was 
around the size of an adult head.

"Here Spera ... This is your birthday present for your third birthday.  
We already gifted you the freedom to roam the grounds but this one is a little special.
Normally you would get it at your fifth but we think that you are already ready for your own little soul-beast.

In the next years, you have to care for it and supply your soul force to it so that it can grow.
As the years go by it will mature and at your awakening ceremony when you are twelve years old  
it will hatch and transfer to you a special power."

"Daddy ..." I interrupted him "where is your and Mommies beast ?"

"Oh, sweety ... Your Mother ..." glances in her direction 
"Darling ... *sigh* my beast was killed before it was even born.  

One day evil people came and wanted to kidnap me and my mother.  
At that time, one of the people sliced my egg and it died before it had the time to hatch.  
So I never had a soul contract with my beast.               
In contrast to that your father ..."*looks at him with pity*

"My beast died on the battlefield. He died protecting me.   
I had a black phoenix as a soul beast ....did you remember the time I went into my berserk state ?  
That normally is the state where you fuse with your beast.  
But since my beast died I only manifest the power he gave me when he hatched.   
*tear rolls down his cheek*
But that is not important right now *smile* 
As I said you have to infuse into the egg your soul force until you are 12 years old.  
The power and your affinities influence the grow and race as well as other characteristics of your beast.  
He or she will become your perfect 
partner your second half.
He will have a part of your soul and you have a piece of his.

And the most important thing you have to remember is that you can only have one soul egg for your  entire life. 
So you have to treasure and protect them.
They are your friends and at some point one can even become your partner in life if you wish it  
and they have a species that can transform. 
You know, like how Mommy and Daddy are. 
But only if you are old enough and I allow it ok ? *glare*
There are people who start a relationship with their beast but they are frowned upon.  
Most people see them only as beast that have a little higher intelligence than normal beast and  
can if possible transform into a humanoid form.
So if you chose it you have to stick up for it !"

*punch* *slap*

"DADDY ! I am only three years old why did you talk about that topic ? That is inappropriate."

"Darling stop talking nonsense she is too little for that !"

We resumed talking about normal topics concerning my future beast.
After a while, my mother dragged my father our of my room pinching his side every time  
he started on the inappropriate topic.
I had to hold myself back or I would have started laughing out loud at the sign they presented.
Put I did find out one little interesting thing, depending on the race of your beast it could  
transform in either male or female ... Interesting .

An hour after my parents left me alone a knock sounded at my door ...
Who would knock ? Normally they bargain in ...

I opened the door and in front of me stood my ex-wetnurse Lidiana.
She had a smile on her face but her eyes looked a little crazy. 

"Oh, little Spera ... You grew so much it has been almost a year when I last saw you. 
I heard from the other maids that your parents finally gave you the permission to walk on the  
grounds and I wanted to ask if you would like to take a walk with me." 

A shiver ran down my spine and I knew that I was in danger ...  I waged my options and decided 
that at least in the open there should be a way to escape ...  In my room, I had no way to run from her. 

I consented to her request. 
Now the hard question .. Who should I ask for help ... 
My mother who I had no idea how she would react or my father that would be furious 
and maybe enter his berserker state again .... Hard decision ...
In the end, I signaled my mother that she should help me ... 
She wouldn't destroy the palace to rescue me right ? 



© 2016 CatKr


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

341 Views
Added on April 24, 2016
Last Updated on April 24, 2016

Another day. Another life