Chapter 24 : Heaps of misery

Chapter 24 : Heaps of misery

A Chapter by CatKr

After Sougua left I reluctantly turned to the crying woman in my arms.

"Deli ... Please calm down ok ?" caressing her head.

"Sniff ...Sniff you were away for so long *sniff*" rubbing her head against my shoulder.

"I know Deli and I am really sorry ..." *complicated expression*

"You did not come back *cry*" *snot and tears running down her face and she looks at me 
with puppy eyes while clawing at my shoulders.

*flinching from the pain*

"Deli .... I had to receive training from my mot- ..." *painful expression*

"And you did not come again to tell us you were alright *waah* You said you where in danger *hick* 
and then did not come back *hick* And ..."

"DELI ! Pull yourself together !" *scowling at her*

I had enough ... 
I knew that I would regret it later but I had to get her out of her current mood while we were still alone, 
if anything I knew how much pride she had and how important it was to her. 
Letting her brothers and this Sougua guy see her like this was a no-go ...

She looked at me as if she only recognized me at that moment ...

"Deli ..." I said a little softer

"Yes ? *sniff*"

"I know how hard it must have been. I also missed you all very much ... But after the attack ..."

"So you were attacked ? *worry morphs into panic* Where you hurt anywhere ? Are you ok ? "

"Yes, I am ok Deli ... 
And please don't Interrupt me ... 
As I was saying, after the attack my parents found out about my superior intelligence and started preparing 
me for the dangers of society. 
They were very worried so they did not give me enough time to meet you afterwards 
(Urg bad excuse ... I just have to hope that she buys it and not asks about specifics ...)
I came as fast as I could. Again I am so sorry for being late."

"Really ? Really-really ? *tightens the hug + puppy eyes*

"Yes ... As soon as I could relax I came here."

"But you were away for 12 years ! 
(Urg bad move)

"Normally you are away for a week or two but ..."

"Deli I know that you are not satisfied with this situation, 
(Please let it go !!!!) 
but please I beg of you get a grip ! 
I can feel Muwa and Wiju approaching and I do not think that you will want them to see you like that ... "

Only now she realised how her appearance looked. Letting go of me she started fixing her hair and make-up and almost looked like normal when Muwa and Jiwu stormed into the room.

I had already prepared myself for the encounter, but all my preparation could not prepare me for the situation 
I would encounter. 
As I turned to the door to greet the two Gods I saw to small heaps of misery crying their eyes out as they saw me. 
When my eyes connected with theirs suddenly like two small missiles they launched themselves at me and I was thrown to the ground by the impact.

I think I blacked out for a moment ... the time I came to I was on the ground, my head spinning like 
mad and both of my shoulders hurt like hell. 
I slowly raised my head to look at the two guys/Gods crying on my shoulder.

I think I will have to spend a lot more time calming them down then I thought seems like I have to grant 
each of them a favor ... Urg my head ...

Slowly sitting up I caressed their heads ...

I could feel Delis envied glance but I decided to ignore her to defuse the situation. 
Later I could pacify her with an extra favor.

I hope ...



© 2016 CatKr


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
Added on April 20, 2016
Last Updated on April 20, 2016

Another day. Another life