Chapter 34 : Thinking it trough

Chapter 34 : Thinking it trough

A Chapter by CatKr

As my conscious returned to my worldly body, I could still feel my mother and father near me.
And it seems like I lay on my bed. 
Opening my eyes I stared at the familiar ceiling of my room .
I slowly sat up feeling something slip down from my shoulders to my belly. 

As I looked at it, it turned out to be an arm. 
As I followed the arm upwards, my eyes landed on my mothers sleeping face directly next to my original position. 
Seems like she slept with me in my bed. 
She seemed like an angel sleeping so soundly next to me. 
Nowhere in that angelic face where even traces of the natural disaster in human form that I had seen before.

But where was my father ? 
I got my answer as something moved on the other side of me and a strong arm encircled my body pulling me to his body. 
He lay right next to me on the other side of my body and seemed to not sleep. 
I looked at his face and two warm red eyes stared back at me.

"Well, sleepyhead are you finally awake?" 

He said with a small smirk.
I smiled at him and cuddled into his side.

"Give me a few more minutes ok?"

"No problem ..." he started stroking my head" .... After all, we have to wait until your mother wakes up. 
She used quite a bit of her power to rescue you ..."

"Why did she react so strongly ? I know that she was furious, but normally you two do not show your might like that ..."

A sad smile appeared on his face as he hugged me tighter.

"Darling ... Even if I am sorry not to warn you about your mother's emotions and her triggers, 
I still think that this is something your mother has to tell you ..."

I was quiet for a while, thinking about what happened and what kind of questions I should ask my mom. 
I had felt her pain through our bond and I knew I was partly to blame for her complete loss f control.
In the future, I have to fine-tune the information I send to them.
Maybe I was to hastily in deciding to limit their access to my thoughts and feelings in sensitive situations ... 
But I will have to finally understand what triggers my parents to such extraordinary behaviour.
I knew they were my parents, and I knew that they were scared of anything happening to me.
And I also understood that they did not know about all of my powers and the possibility of me to kill almost all 
enemies under the white stage.
But I still want us all to be alive to enjoy our life without having to constantly look over our shoulder 
to watch out for assassination attempts.  
Suddenly I remembered my train of thoughts that I had in GD and looked up to my father.

"Daddy ...?"

"Yes, my little ruby ?"

"When will you start teaching me how to fight ?"

I could feel him freeze for a moment. He distanced himself from my body and looked me deeply into the eyes.
Suddenly with a harsh and serious voice, he said 

"Not before your fifth birthday."

I could see in his face that his desition was final so I accepted it and again cuddled myself in the crook of his arms. 
It was the first time I really realised ho much warmer he was in contrast to my mother. 
It felt like I was laying in the wet grass under the sun. My front was warm and my back was cold.
Must have something to do with their affinities.

I started to doze off while my father still stroked my head. 
After a while, I could feel my mother stir next to me, I woke up right away. 
As I turned around and slipped over to be near her. 

As she woke I could see tears gathering in her eyes. 



© 2016 CatKr


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

254 Views
Added on April 28, 2016
Last Updated on April 28, 2016

Another day. Another life