Thirty-five

Thirty-five

A Chapter by Isemay

Going to his rooms to change out of his bloodied shirt and jacket, Myrin was seething. That wretch thought he could strike the Crown Prince of Cuphisia? His father had told him not to speak to them, the old man was willing to let everything crumble but Myrin refused to believe everything was lost. The arrangement had been agreed to, his father had told him to get a concession out of the Princess and if they could be married quickly the matter would be at an end.


What difference would it make if the matter were forced? His father could still protest and ruin everything. The old fool was intent on ruining his plans and had insulted his intelligence more than once today already. If he were King matters would already be in hand. Slipping his sleeping drops into his pocket, Myrin hurried to his sister’s rooms.


Myrae was sulking by her window, dressed for travel and she turned a sour look on him as he entered. “What do you-”


“I must beg for your forgiveness, my beloved sister.” Myrin hurried forward and pulled her into an embrace offering an urgent kiss.


“What happened to your face?!” Myrae pulled back and gently turned his head to look at the darkening mark the Cemiri had left.


“Gaeleath attacked me. If I cannot marry Marravae we will be at war, my beloved sister. All of my plans and hopes will be crushed. Father has already surrendered and is sending them out of the palace to Volas. I need you to help me. I swear to you, not even in jest will I ever say I prefer her to you again. I can only blame the ymetel that Father gave me.”


She gave him a giddy smile and then kissed him before answering, “I knew you didn’t prefer that ugly Cemiri to me. What do you need?”


Withdrawing the vial of drops from his pocket he pressed them into his sister’s palm. “Take our father a drink. He was complaining of a headache earlier. If he’s asleep he can’t interfere with my plans. I’ll have that Cemir wretch that attacked me bloodied and tossed out, and his sister as my wife before the sun sets. They won’t dare to go to war with her here as my wife.”


“Are you certain-”


“The arrangement has been made, Gaeleath has said several times that it hasn’t yet been broken. The deal was made and the Kings agreed. If I marry her before they can break it the matter is ended. They would be going back on their word otherwise.”


She nodded hesitantly.


“Go, sister. Take our father a drink and use the entire vial. I need him asleep.”



© 2021 Isemay


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

35 Views
Added on March 3, 2021
Last Updated on March 3, 2021
Tags: royalty, drama, fantasy


Author

Isemay
Isemay

Germany



About
Spent some time away from here but I've come back to peek in and post again! Review my writing and I will gladly return the favor! I love reading other people's stories, and I try to review hone.. more..

Writing
One One

A Chapter by Isemay


Two Two

A Chapter by Isemay


Three Three

A Chapter by Isemay