Forty-one

Forty-one

A Chapter by Isemay

Marravae let Volas carry her down the scaffolding, trying to will her face not to flush as she held tightly to his bare neck and shoulder.


“You didn’t have to give me your shirt, Volas.” She smiled and shook her head as he placed her on her feet with a grin, the Prince tugging the shirt around her robe more firmly.


“It pleased me to do it.”


Erthor beckoned and scolded gently, “Come inside. You need to have breakfast, your Highness and I insist you continue to rest.”


“My Cemiriss is poor, I will remedy it but…” Volas’ brow furrowed as he glanced at the healer.


Suppressing a laugh, Marravae nodded. “I shirked my Arek lessons more than I should have. I understand it but speaking it is difficult. I preferred to be riding or practicing with my brother’s arms instructors.”


The Arek Prince chuckled, “I did the same. I learned Cuphisian out of spite because I was mocked and told it was beyond me. Cemiriss is… was less necessary. Your brother speaks Arek well.”


“He does. Master Erthor wants me to go inside and have breakfast before I rest again.” She wrinkled her nose, making a rueful face, and Volas laughed.


“Allow me to join you. A morning without my training will not harm me.”


“Let one of these men carry you. You shouldn’t be walking. I won’t have you overexerting yourself and fainting again.” Erthor gave her a stern look.


One of Volas’ men cleared his throat and spoke in Arek, “He says she needs to be carried, your Highness. He doesn’t want to risk her overexerting herself and fainting again.”


Volas swept her up with a pleased look on his face. “I will have you restored to health, Merciless Marravae. We will hunt in the Reach in celebration after our wedding. I would see you kill a boar.”


She gave him an exasperated look, “Your father and mine have to arrange that and I’ve heard about the elk in the Reach with antlers wider than a man can spread his arms. I want to hunt those, Volas.”


As he crossed the threshold she heard one of the Areks make an indistinct comment about the Court being filled with huntresses.



© 2021 Isemay


Author's Note

Isemay
This is where I stopped. I feels like a good spot for it to me but I left a lot of things open and I'm not sure if it would be better if I tied things up or not.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

37 Views
Added on March 3, 2021
Last Updated on March 3, 2021
Tags: royalty, drama, fantasy


Author

Isemay
Isemay

Germany



About
Spent some time away from here but I've come back to peek in and post again! Review my writing and I will gladly return the favor! I love reading other people's stories, and I try to review hone.. more..

Writing
One One

A Chapter by Isemay


Two Two

A Chapter by Isemay


Three Three

A Chapter by Isemay