Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by Jess

4 days. 5 days. 6 days. A week.

 

Time was passing so slowly. I felt like I was siting here rotting to the bone. Jax had been going out of his way with juicy fruits.

 

He'd come in here 3-4 times a day with a box of them. Why he wanted to take care of me so bad, I have no idea.

 

My kidnapper on the other hand, whom I now know him to be; Cole, is still confusing. He's sweet one minute, and the next he's having to be pulled back by Jax from tearing my throat out of my neck.

 

I gave up on trying to get out. It was pointless. There was no windows, the door was unbreakable there was no escape. I've broken about 6 things trying.

 

The only reason I've been able to keep track of days is because I've been using the underneath of the nightstand and making tally marks with a the rock I had picked up from the cellar.

 

What sucked even more was, there was no sign of my mother. Nothing. I'm starting to doubt she's even looking for me. It made me want to cry at the thought of her. I missed her, my brother, and Dylan so much.

 

Dylan. I hadn't thought of him since last week. Dylan's my boyfriend of 4 months. We got in a fight because I thought he was cheating. I don't know what gave me the feeling of it; maybe because there was girls kissing the ground he walked on?

 

Right now the whole thing seemed pretty stupid. I had missed him so much. I just wanted him to be here. To hold me. To reassure me I'd make it out of here; alive. That I'd be perfectly fine, and we'd be together again.

 

Cheesy, I know. But true.

 

I missed his laugh, the way he'd bite the inside of his cheek when he got nervous. The way he'd make me feel like I was the most special girl in the world. I missed him.

 

This past week of being in this hell hole, I haven't been able to get one thing out of the two fuckers. I'd just get sarcastic remarks from Cole and sad smiles from Jax along with words of wisdom like 'soon' or 'eventually'.

 

I was ready to pull every little piece of hair from my body and die. I'm here. I have no idea why. I have ugly bruises and cuts on my wrists, no thanks to Cole. There's no escape. I was basically lifeless.

 

Sitting there to decay in my own tears and imprisonment. But I know I'll get out of here. I'll be fine. I'll be able to see my mom again. See my brother. See my father and have him lecture me about the importance of carrying pepper spray on me at all times.

 

I gave a small smile at the thought of it. I could picture it.

“Blair Marie Brooks!” I could picture him yelling his small mustache crinkling up before he gave me a full on lecture on the 'sick people' out in this world and how I should have a weapon on me no matter where I go.

 

He was right. Now the thought of it was starting to make my eyes water. My smile disolved and was replaced by tears running down my face. I brought my hands up to my forehead and pressed down massaging it in hopes my headache would disappear.

 

No such luck.

 When I heard the door knock start to turn I ran and grabbed the lamp I had set out and ran behind the door. I had planned this hoping it would work. Thank god I made no sound thanks to Weight Watchers. I pressed my back against the wall and waited for the door to open.


I hard a click, and then a knob turning, then another click. I inhaled a deep breath as my heart was racing out of my chest. The door flew open and Cole walked in looking around the room.


I took that as my cue and I lunged forward and slammed the lamp into his head causing him to pass out and crinkle to the ground. I grabbed the key from his back pocket and made a mental cheer to myself.

 
I cannot believe it worked. Now for Jax. I slowly backed out the door closing it and locking it.


I started down the hall in stalker mode. Ii tip-toed listening for any sound indication of Jax. Nothing. If I was lucky, I wouldn't have to hurt him. Maybe he was out. 

 

 That's when I did the mistake of lowering my weapon. Something wet was placed over my mouth and my body became limp as I blacked out into the darkness.

 

“Did you kill her?” I heard a voice say which sounded like Cole's

 

“No, I just used Chloroform to make her pass out” Jax's voice came in

 

“God. I swear I'm going to kill this b***h.” Cole groaned

 

“You can't do that and you know it,” Jax growled

 

“Yeah yeah, I know.” he replied.

 

I heard someone sigh

 

“When's she going to wake up?” Cole asked

 

“I don't know. Soon.” Jax replied

 

All of a sudden a phone rang

 

“Hello?” Cole said “Yeah. Uh huh. Yes, dad. She's sleeping right now. Okay, I will. Bye,”

 

“Is he still bugging you about it?” I heard Jax groan

 

“Yeah,” Cole said followed by another sigh “He figures I'm lying.”

 

“Well, dude, the man has held a grudge for a long time... plus the fact you are one of the most un-trustworthy people I know.”

 

“Shut up,” Cole said coldly “I just need to convince this b***h to keep her mouth shut. and listen. You know he has low tolerence.”

 

"Guess that's where you got it from" he mumbled barely audible before adding, “She has a name, you know.” 

 

“Really? What is it? Enlighten me.” I could practically hear the smirk in Cole's voice

 

“I-I don't know,”

 

“Of course,”

 

I heard retreating foot steps which I took as my cue for me to open my eyes. I slowly opened my eyes. Bad mistake.

 

“How are you feeling?” Jax asked

 

“I have a head- wait, why do you care?” I growled “You're the one who f*****g did this to me.”

 

I tried to get up only to be pinned down again. Jax's hands were on top of mine as he towered over me putting some pressure on them, but not enough that it hurt. He was surprisingly gentle for a psycho.

 “You have to stay here,” he said sternly

 

“Why?” I pried

 

“Y-you just do.”

 

“I'm sorry. I don't answer to you, or any other psycho freak.”

 

He looked hurt and taken back by my comment. But it was true. He was a monster. A killer. He may not act like it, or try to deny it. But the truth was right there infront of me. If he cared about me, he would've let me go. Let me be free to see my mom again, and my brother, and my father.

 

But no. He poisoned me with chloroform ruining any chance of escaping I had. But I wasn't giving up. I was going to try. And try. And try. Until I was on my knees bleeding. I needed out of here. I couldn't live like this. This wasn't even living; this was dying. I hated it. I hated the monsters who were doing this to me.

 

I wasn't going to take back what I said to Jax. Not now. Not ever. He can look at me with those beautiful blue eyes and plead for me to accept him. But I will never accept him. He's not human. A human has a heart, compassion for other. If he had a heart, he'd let me go.

 

“You have to understand, my brother. He has a temper. If you escape he will kill you. He won't hesitate. It's easy to push his buttons. You have to be careful when I comes to him.” Jax sighed

 

“Listen, buddy. I can take care of myself. I'm a big girl.”

 

“You have to stay. I can't let you go, I'm sorry.”

 

And with that he picked me up bridal style and carried me back to my room much to my protest. He placed me on the bed and flew out.

 

I sighed and looked at the broke lamp pieces crumbled on the floor. This was it. This was my new life. Struggling to escape. This was the new me. I had to be strong, make it out of this hell without my throat ripped out.

 

I had to get back to my life. I Blair Brooks was not going to give up.

 



© 2013 Jess


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

226 Views
Added on August 9, 2013
Last Updated on August 9, 2013


Author

Jess
Jess

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Jess


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Jess


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Jess