Chapter 16

Chapter 16

A Chapter by Jess

   I bit my lip, staring down at the bowl of chicken noodle soup in front of me. On a normal occasion, my stomach would be growling louder then a lion, but every time I'd even think of taking a bite, my stomach would flip, making me want to puke. This was how it had been for the past day in a half. I couldn't eat anything. I was stuck here, entrapped in my own despair. Everything that had been happening the past few months of being here was hitting me hard.


  Only five words rung through my mind. Kidnapped. Vampires. Dad. Cameron. Dylan. They continued to loop through my mind, like a song on never ending repeat. Eventually, the CD would skip, but this was permanent.


   I had spent the past few months here just hoping, wishing even, that I could find my way out. That maybe my dad would come to his senses and figure out where I was. But I had lost that hope. It wasn't because I didn't think he'd ever find me, it wasn't because I felt like he didn't care enough. It was because at this point, I didn't want to be found.


   After all of the s**t these monsters have put me through, who knows how I'll come back? I could become a seriously damaged teenager, who would have to take one therapy session after another. I already felt like part of my brain was dead, rotted from being in this hell hole. Since I've been here, I have discovered and experienced so much s**t that I wish I could remove from my mind permanently.


   I've discovered that my own flesh and blood was so wrapped up in his work that he took the life of a mother with 3 children and a beloved husband. Ripped her away from her family. I could try to stand up for him and spit out a bunch of crap such as, "Oh, he didn't mean to do it." or "He didn't know it would happen." because in the end, all evidence leads back to him.


   He didn't know it would happen. And that's exactly the one goddamn reason he should have never invested himself in the experiment in the first place. He had no idea what the serum would do to a living person. My dad is a scientist for hell's f*****g sake. He's smart. He knew that was a 50/50 shot someone wasn't going to make it. But for his own selfish reasons, he did it anyways.


   Now the children of the woman he killed have gone bat-s**t crazy, and the father is revenge-seeking. Great turn-out there, I would say.


   That wasn't what bugged me most. What bugged me most was the fact after my mother had died, he had promised me he'd never replace her, he told me it was us against the world. We spent every waking moment together. He would take me to his lab, where I would watch with over-sized goggles as he would mix chemicals.


Then he ended up remarried.


   He replaced my mother. It took me a few weeks before I talked to him again. Then I met Karen, and as much as I resisted, she had this motherly feel to her, and I accepted her just as she had accepted me.


   Me and my dad continued our patterns for about a month, but it was almost as if someone flipped a switch on us. He started to brush me off when I tried to drag him to the park, he spent all of his time at the lab. I tried to go with him a few times but all he would reply with "I can't today, Sweetheart." when I'd ask why, he'd just brush it off by saying it was grown-up stuff and I wouldn't understand any of it.


   We drifted apart quickly, our relationship crumbling. I remember one night, he had come home, all color drained from his face as big bags rested under his eyes. He looked like he had just rose from the dead. I had begged him to tell me what was wrong, but he just kissed my forehead and said it was nothing I needed to worry about, just work stuff.


   Little did I know, he was hiding the secret of killing someone. Of turning people into monsters. He caused this. He was the reason I was here. I should have never left the house. They were probably just waiting there, watching my every move, planning their attack. And it was all his fault. 


   Dylan.


   I had been trying my best not to think about it, I had tried so hard with all of my will-power to just erase what I saw on the television. But I couldn't. It was almost impossible, it hurt more knowing that I had practically seen it. I had seen something bad was going to happen to him and I hadn't done a damn thing about it.



   I felt something wet on my leg. Flinching, I reached my hand up to brush my cheek, wiping a numb tear away. I looked up to the door as the knob did it's daily rattle, in walking Jax. He seemed lost in thought as he closed and locked the door behind him, stumbling slowly towards the bed, losing his balance a bit as he did so.


   Whenever he lifted his blue eyes, his pupils were dilated, the whites of them covered in blood-shot red, his pink lips were slightly parted as he stared at me with a somewhat confused look in his eyes.


   "Are you drunk?" I managed to blurt out through sniffled. His head cocked to the side, a lazy half smile forming on his face.


   "Not at all," he slurred out, dumbly.


   I just stared at him, at loss for words. Swallowing, I brought the back of my hands up to wipe away the rest of the tears on my face. Whenever I lifted my gaze back towards him, his Adam's apple was slowly moving up a down as he stared at me lustfully. A slow shiver went down my spine as I coward under his stare, slowly moving back until I felt my back his the headboard of the bed.


   He slowly advanced towards where I was, slowly moving to the side of the bed. As he did so, I scooted myself away from the headboard, keeping my eyes on his as I scattered to the opposite side of the bed. He let out a chuckle as if this were a game to him, starting to walk to the other side where I was now. I started to scramble to the opposite side again, but was stopped by a heavy amount of weight on my back.


   I tried to scream for Cole, but Jax must have known, because he straddled my back with his heavy figure, slapping one of his rough hands over my mouth, using the other to rush my hair away from my shoulder. He bent down, roughly pushing his lips to the nape of my neck, planting large sloppy kisses from my shoulder to my jawline. I squirmed in his grip, attempting to thrash my legs at him as I desperately clasped onto the sheets, trying to pull myself towards the edge of the bed, but found no luck.


   I tried to hold back tears as his fangs scraped my neck slowly before digging into my skin. That was when the tears now started to pour own my cheeks. I let out muffled scream after muffled scream due to the sharp burning pain in my neck, giving me a headache. His free hand pushed against my throat, pulling me against him more.


   I let out choked coughs as his thumb cut off my air supply. I stopped screaming, my breathing becoming slow. I closed my eyes, ready to black out. That was when his grip released from me, dropping my stomach back to the bed. The bed dipped as he got up.


   "Blair, I'm so sorry." he breathed, followed by a sob.


  I stared at him with a blurry gaze as he rushed out of the room. Every color in the room started to blend together, only making my headache increase more. Soon enough the room was black, and I was passed out.



© 2013 Jess


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
Added on December 17, 2013
Last Updated on December 17, 2013


Author

Jess
Jess

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Jess


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Jess


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Jess