Twenty-second letter: A letter from Brandy

Twenty-second letter: A letter from Brandy

A Chapter by M.Kilani
"

Mark sets to his desk after a long evening of work, smells a familiar perfume and finds his papers arranged, among his papers he finds a letter which he didn't write

"
Mark Dearest,

Hope you are as alive as I've always known you... your letter never made it to the post mail, but I traveled north, to the address where the past letters have been coming from, in the hope of, finding something that I lost, or in hope of finding the the parts of me that were only reflected by you... you were out for work, and your neighbor was kind enough to let me in using his spare key which you gave to him for cases of emergency, although you already live on nothing but caffeine and nicotine, what emergency could need intervention more than that! you have been caught up in everyone else's mess, and neglecting yourself, or maybe you feel accustomed to living unhealthy that now it's only natural... well, after I got in, I instantly knew where your writing desk is, right there covered with empty beer bottles and overflowing ashtrays.. and I found the letter... and despite you stating you wish me not to read it, I knew that you wanted me to, so I did... you've always been quite the narrator... your letters, always felt like eternal stories to me, stories most of which I have lived, and relived through your words... I never heard you speak of a woman like you did with Helen, sometimes, life is simple, but most often it's rather complicated... most of the time, it's not either a yes or a no, but a swinging in between, and that's pretty much how it's been with you and Helen and Amy, the three of you have been living in shade of grey... and that can be blinding sometimes... but I'm glad to know that in between this grey shadow, you all managed to make your own rainbow of memories... that the three of you will carry, no matter how much distance or time would separate you... I've grown to like Helen and Amy, as I view them from the window you have painted me on the wall of these letters... your friendship and connection to them, has become an extension of your soul and your being... 
and i'm confident, you have imprinted their lives, in a way that only you can... as the man you are, is memorable in every way... so fear not, relationships and friendships may come to an end, but memories of joy, excitement, passion, desire, and love fire, are immortal and imperishable... 

what is life, if not intense, and what are events if not to leave a great impact, on our constitution of a being... so yes, my dear... you have all the right to claim optimism and to express it... you have the right of seeking happiness and dreaming of it... 

As for Leo, your road companion, and old friend... he's one friend to be proud of having, and seeing that you two still find your way to each other no matter how further one of you may drift, is a standing proof, of the strength of human interpersonal relationships... how it can, if we wish it to be, withstand time and space... transcend beyond fate and place... 

I got a sweet sensation of writing to you from your own desk, with that old pen that I once gave to you... and having the scent of your leathery perfume enriching the air around me, giving me a lungful of a masculine feel... I won't be mailing you the letter... I'll leave it here, between your work papers and poems... 

I'm afraid I'll have to leave now... or I'll miss the train back home... I sadly, could not see you or greet you, but I feel like I have, as I got a glimpse of the life you have here... and until the day comes where we will meet again, like old times, Stay True, Stay You..

Yours
~B


© 2012 M.Kilani


Author's Note

M.Kilani
This chapter is written by my dearest friend B. Maaitah.
Reviews are welcomed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very good letter. I like the desire to make peace and hope for a meeting someday. Nice feel of thoughts and emotion in the letter. Thank you for sharing the excellent letters.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

344 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 24, 2012
Last Updated on December 24, 2012


Author

M.Kilani
M.Kilani

Amman, Jordan



About
"The more you read the better you write" more..

Writing