Sixth letter, one night at the city

Sixth letter, one night at the city

A Chapter by M.Kilani
"

Mark started a career in the city, things were not that easy for him, specially with Leo away.

"
Dear Brandy,

I hope this letter find you at well, finally a disk to write you a letter, I am now an editor in some news paper, I didn't get my salary yet so I'm sleeping in the car, I couldn't get a night shift job, but I'll do fine once I get paid, rent an apartment and start a new life.
I called Leo the other day, his father is getting well, he says he'll join me in few days, he proposed to Sharon, it seems his mother likes her, otherwise I know he wouldn't propose, he told me that you called again, and that you both talked, he says I should call you, get things fixed between us, but I'm still not sure, I do miss your voice at night, I miss our arguments, but I feel that I'm not sober enough to fix things.

I know you think I'm a hard-headed stubborn fool, but the fact is that I need this, I need this space to think over our friendship, or what ever it may be, they say time heals, I think traveling heals better, so I might as well leave this city once Leo joins me, and since I don't have a place to stay you won't be able to write me, but I'll always think of what you're about to say whenever you get my letters.

I found a Ballerina music box, just like the one you had, it was broken, but I manged to fix it, you know how good I am with tools, I got it for Leo's gun, bad deal I'd say, but this one has an alarm clock thing, I sat it on 3:32 so it would remind me of that time.
Brandy, I hope this doesn't effect you, I know how much you need someone to stand by your side, and I know how bad does my departure hurt you, but please stay strong, don't let guilt overtake you like it did to me, well, the sun is almost up I better get going, can you believe I start work at 6:00am.
I don't know when my next letter would be, and still don't know wither you receive my letters or not, no one mentioned anything about it, but I know I'll always write you, be sane and be well.
Yours truly,
 Mark.


© 2012 M.Kilani


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Another strong letter. I like his view and his attitude. Accepting life without complain and moving to the next step in his life. Thank you for sharing the excellent letter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

266 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 19, 2011
Last Updated on April 27, 2012


Author

M.Kilani
M.Kilani

Amman, Jordan



About
"The more you read the better you write" more..

Writing