Twelfth letter, The Dreamer Letter

Twelfth letter, The Dreamer Letter

A Chapter by M.Kilani
"

Mark and Leo Finally made it.

"
Dear Brandy,

I hope this letter finds you at well, this is the last letter you'll receive, our dream finally came true, we did it,
I finally can forgive you, I would have called you but your number is still on the back of your photograph which I framed and hung on the Cafe's wall, I have ran out of words, so I went to Leo to ask him for some, instead he gave me this letter, you'll find Leo's letter and the Cafe's card.
Thank you Brandy, I have prayed for you every night at three thirty three, so did Sharon, so did all our crowds, so did Vyvienne and so did those troopers, last night for the first time I asked Leo to pray for you and so he did, and so would our customers do, be sane and be well.
Yours truly,
 Mark.

...........................................................................
The Dreamer Letter ( The Last Letter )*

Dear Starlet,

 

I write to you in both joy and sorrow today. Joy since I opened the doors to the public yesterday.  I’m there my dear, the dream is true. Café Starlet is open and it’s even better than I have imagined. The portal of light you have given me has finally light my way. I played the piano in public last night and it’s been years since I have done so. I feel free again. I feel you around me again.

 

Sorrow reigns on me though for 2 reasons. First, you’re not here to share it with me and see what your memory has helped me do. And sorrow again since it’s the last letter I write to you my dear. 

You died 10 years ago and I had no way to cope with it but to write to you. We were always fond of writing letters to each other even though we saw each other almost everyday. I read your last letter before the car crash. And now that I have my dream you should live in my heart till the end of days but I shall never be down anymore. Just like you said always, I’m not fit for being broken.

 

The last words you said “ we can remain friends “ keep ringing in my head as you were joking and I was joking along and I never knew they wouldn’t stop haunting me as I agreed out of jest as well when the right thing I should have done was take it seriously and scream of how much I loved you. I never thought the last words I’d say to you would be “ yes we can remain friends with a  history, we’ll make that work “

I’ll always have the black ribbon around my wrist for you. I’ll always believe you watch over me. I’ll always pray for you and I’ll always have hope. It’s time for me now to put this letter and all the other letters in the shoe box I kept for memories. I keep all your old letters there and mine belong there as well.

 

I have your picture on the biggest wall in the café. I’ll always smile at you my dear. And I’m sure you’ll be smiling to me.

 

I won’t write again my dear, I promise. Hope you're well, hope you’re in joy, hope you find your calling, hope you smile a lot, hope you remember the goodness I had, hope you remember the greatness you hold. Hope you stay forever young.

 

Yours Truly,

Dreamer.*




© 2013 M.Kilani


Author's Note

M.Kilani
*PS: The Dreamer Letter ( The Last Letter ) was written by my friend Laith N. Aladham who agreed for it to be used as a part of "Letters to Brandy"

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

248 Views
Added on December 20, 2011
Last Updated on August 12, 2013


Author

M.Kilani
M.Kilani

Amman, Jordan



About
"The more you read the better you write" more..

Writing