Seventh letter, Heartbreak Hotel

Seventh letter, Heartbreak Hotel

A Chapter by M.Kilani
"

Mark gets paid from working in a newspaper, and spends a night a the hotel.

"
Dear Brandy,

I hope this letter finds you at well, I have checked in a hotel for the night, I find it hard to sleep in the car with rain pouring down from sky, an old man told me it's angels' tears, he said "even angels cry", Leo is still home, he'll be here in a week or two, I miss having company.

I went to the hotel's bar earlier this night, I ordered coffee, black bitter coffee, just as black as your hair, they had this band playing a female vocalist that sounds just like you, her name was Vyvienne with Y, she seemed to be nice, I had a long chat with her, told her that I'm a song writer, she offered me a drink, but I refused, I can't break my promise now, she bought me coffee instead, that's why I'm awake at this late hour of the night, she asked me if I was single I told her that I'm a loner, she said "alright we can be friends then" I told her "I'm afraid friendship is not enough" I guess I was referring to you with that phrase, she asked me to join her at her room but she was blond, not my type of women, she smiled and walked away, after she whispered in my ear " we can still be friends, but if you changed your mind, room 333" I was shocked didn't say a word, went back to my room, spent an hour starring at that music box, I admit that I wanted to go and knock her door, and I almost did, but her room number stopped me, I stood a minute by her door, then got back to my room, and here I am writing you about it.

I got paid yesterday, once Leo gets here we're moving on with our journey, the newspaper manager offered me a raise, but I told him that I have bigger dreams.
I bought a new guitar, I attached your photo on its hard case, I didn't name it yet, they played your favorite song today on the radio, then they played Heartbreak hotel, ironic isn't it.
Well, I have to get some sleep now, I have a long day tomorrow, some politician is visiting the city and I have to interview him, you know how much do I hate politics, but a man has got to do what a man has got to do, I will pray for you tonight, same time as usual; 3:33am, I will pray for this departure to end soon, I don't know when will I write you again, and I hope you receive my letters, be sane and be well.
Yours truly,
 Mark.


© 2012 M.Kilani


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The story in these letters are amazing. You brought me in and held me to the last letter. I like his view on life. He is holding on to something and trying to do what is right. Thank you for sharing the outstanding story.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

274 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 19, 2011
Last Updated on April 27, 2012


Author

M.Kilani
M.Kilani

Amman, Jordan



About
"The more you read the better you write" more..

Writing