Fourth letter, Leo's disteny

Fourth letter, Leo's disteny

A Chapter by M.Kilani
"

Leo's path has changed; finding the love he was searching for and his return home, Mark now has to finish the journey on his own.

"
Dear Brandy,

I hope this letter finds you at well, I know you tried to call the other night, I called mother last night and she told me about it, no I don't hate you I never did, I would've called you but I still don't feel like it, I don't want to lose this comfort I feel when I write you.

We got back to that town three weeks ago and I managed to get that golden watch back like I promised, we now have a new passenger to ride with us, Leo met this girl called Sharon, it feels good seeing him happy again, and they look good together, too bad they are not staying, Leo's old man is sick he's driving back home with Sharon, that lucky b*****d finally found love, still he writes Starlet from time to time.
My old man told me to get back home, join him at the shop, or even join the army, I guess he never believed in me, but I'll be back when I'm ready.
I'm writing you while setting next to a camp fire, the car overheated again we had to stop and the night has fallen so we decided to make a camp, I'm drinking coffee like always black coffee wishing it was else thing, but since it's my watch I have to be fully awake, I have my gun inches away from my cup.
I'm almost out of cigarettes, this is the last pack to accompany your photograph, at least until I reach another city, I've been smoking a lot lately Leo had to take me to a doctor, I've been coughing some blood, it seems that I kept those cigarettes under the sun for a long time, but I'm alright, you know nothing will stop me, not even Leo's return home, although I feel useless without him, now that I have no one to sing my words, I know I'll be short on cash without those shows, I didn't write any new songs lately, all I could think of is what to write in my next letter to Brandy, I'm not that mad anymore, but the memory keeps hunting me, I can't believe I hung up that night, it seems I can't forgive myself more than forgiving you.

It's almost dawn I have to drop Leo and Sharon to the nearest station, finish my journey on my own, funny thing happened when I was praying for you at 3:33, a wolf started howling just when I finished, I thought it was god's answer, perhaps it is, I wish it was, I almost shot that wolf, but I thought he's just another loner roaming the lands, just like myself.
I don't know when would I write you again, I still don't know wither you receive my letters or not, but I'll always write you, be sane and be well.
Yours truly,
 Mark


© 2012 M.Kilani


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

"I thought it was god's answer," God is divine word, and should be capitalized.
"I almost shut that wolf" I think you meant: shot?
"I'm not that mad anymore, but the memory keeps hunting me," Memories usually, and more commonly 'haunt', but 'hunt' is also a possible other use.

I agree with Coyote. The places really create this atmosphere that pulls the reader into the mood. I could almost feel the warmth of the campfire against the cold of the night, and hear the flames crackling.

Travelling as an individual has its own delicacy, but also a hint of lonliness. I'm glad Leo found a partner, and I wonder why tobacco in the sun causes one to cough blood!! Good chapter. Keep writing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I don't think I have ever read a story written quite this way.. I like it..

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like the places the writer is writing from. Each different and create a different view and location. I like the characters in the letter. You give them life with the strong description. Thank you for the excellent letter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

363 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 18, 2011
Last Updated on April 27, 2012


Author

M.Kilani
M.Kilani

Amman, Jordan



About
"The more you read the better you write" more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Beats of War Beats of War

A Poem by Chelsea


Zoo Zoo

A Story by MissWordSmith