Third Letter, Tulips, Iris and blood

Third Letter, Tulips, Iris and blood

A Chapter by M.Kilani
"

Mark and Leo move to another town, Mark meets a find girl and gets in some trouble.

"
Dear Brandy,

I hope this letter finds you at well, this is the third letter I send without a reply, I don't expect any, specially that I don't have a fixed address, but I'll soon have one.

Leo and I have moved to another town, much better one, business is good I managed to fix the roof of the car, it was horrible driving under the rain, and I managed to buy a cassette player so that Leo would stop telling me the same story of how rich his father was, we are still heading south, some have heard of our shows it sounds promising.
I met a fine girl at a party the other night we danced until it was over, she asked me to drive her home, it sounded good back then, but I couldn't take advantage of her, she was too drunk, perhaps it was too easy, but I drove her home with Leo at the back seat, he had few drinks so he couldn't stay awake, we stopped at flowers shop just few yards away from her home, I thought it would be nice sending her home with some flowers, so I bought her your favorites; Tulips, that's when we were attacked by three thieves, I've reached to my gun and shot one of them, the other two ran away but one of them threw a stone and hit Leo in the head, I wanted to kill the one I've shot but I thought; "all wounds can heal, death heals nothing".
That girl Karmen started crying so I bought her more flowers, this time Iris, Leo was laughing and his head was bleeding his blood was over Karmen's flowers, and I thought; Blood, Tulips and Iris, how could violence ruin such a beauty, and somehow add beauty to it, Leo is fine don't worry, I stitched his forehead like in the book you sent, and just like you taught me over the phone, I tried to treat that thief but the marshal has arrived right after I made him a tourniquet to stop his leg from bleeding, I guess I owe you for those medical tips you gave me.

The marshal says that I have to spend the night at jail, just to finish interrogation, and since it was self defense I'll be out first thing in the morning, then we'll have to leave the town, I guess we're not welcomed here, not even in jail, otherwise you'd have an address to mail me.

It's almost 3:20am I couldn't sleep thinking that I have almost killed a man, it would've been much easier if I had a drink to let go of that thought, Leo is too drunk to write Starlet about this, I wish I could write on his behalf, writing makes me feel better, writing his last appropriate words "Hope you stay forever young", what a good man that Leo is, any way I must go now the guard has turned the lights off and I'm using my lighter but it's about to become empty, I never noticed how beautiful your picture looks next to flames until now, since I'm awake I'll pray for you at 3:33, I don't know when would I write you again, and I'm still not sure you're getting my letters, but I'll always write you, although it sounds ironic telling you this but be sane and be well.
Yours truly,
 Mark.




© 2012 M.Kilani


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awesome. This chapter had a train of action AND alot alot of thoughts running! Mark was a good man for not taking advantage of the girl and for driving her home with pretty flowers in one hand. The theives part was sudden! But I guess that's how life is sometimes. It reminded me of my father back then when he was younger, he had just finished work at a very far construction area, and was attacked on the way home. My father was a harmless man, but evil strikes either the weak or the very sleepy..which was in his case. He remembers very clearly how one of them punched my father in the nose by the snake-shaped ring he wore.

"Blood, Tulips and Iris, how could violence ruin such a beauty, and somehow add beauty to it." What a beautiful line, symbolizes many things. And poor Leo! I'm glad he was okay after taking the hit with a small laugh. I still wonder what goes on with Brandy and why she has not replied yet. Eager to read the next chapter. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


engaging tale

Posted 12 Years Ago


I powerful story in this letter. I like the honest words. Somethings we do even in self defense leave us wishing for different actions. I like the emotion and the desire of the letter. A excellent letter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

344 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 17, 2011
Last Updated on July 28, 2012


Author

M.Kilani
M.Kilani

Amman, Jordan



About
"The more you read the better you write" more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Addicted To You Addicted To You

A Poem by Bubo


Shell Shell

A Poem by Chelsea