Fifth letter, The loner

Fifth letter, The loner

A Chapter by M.Kilani
"

Mark's journey of lonesome starts

"
Dear Brandy,

I hope this letter finds you at well, I'm writing on on a bench at the bus station, Leo and Sharon has left 20 minutes ago, I was this close to join them, oh how much I miss home, it's been over a month and I haven't slept in a bed twice, I hope you don't mind my bad handwriting, but this wooden bench has seen many rough years they show in my hand writing.

I have been staring at a pay phone few feet away I called home to tell them Leo is coming back, then I had this urge to call you, but my hands kept shaking with every digit I hit, I just couldn't call, I had your number on that photo you had last summer, sunshine made your face show on the other side, I almost forgot how sparkling your eyes were, black as eyes of horses, so I decided to write you a letter instead, I feel like being heard without interruption, to speak more than to listen, although I long to hear your comforting voice, but I can't imagine what words would you say, what words would I say, and I thought this will give you more time to think of every word I write.
I'm now a loner, roaming the roads and heading south, only me, my coffee, my cigarettes and the roads, I had an offer to work at a newspaper in some city, they think I have some special writing style, I think my words are to be sang, not to be read by sophisticated educated people, but if it pays well; why not, I could work a night shift as a warehouse guard.

I told Sharon about making a prayer at 3:33 she likes the concept, and now she'll pray for you as well, I spent the day without any cigarettes, no I'm not trying to quit, it's just that I paid all what I've got to get Sharon and Leo those bus tickets, I could really use a cigarette and a drink, I was thinking of robbing the shop at the station, I already have the gun, but once a thief, always a thief.

I heard about the letter you sent to my home, I asked my brother to keep it so I'd read it when I get back, I wish I could read your mind once you read this letter, I will pray for you same time as every night, so would Sharon, I would pray so that I'd find it in my heart the ability to forgive, or for my mind to forget, I have to go now I have a long ride under desert sun, I still don't know when would I write you again, and now that you sent me a letter I believe you received mine, but I'll always write you, I'm sending a photo of Sharon and Leo, look how good they look together, until my next letter; be sane and be well.
Yours truly,
 Mark.


© 2012 M.Kilani


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the letter. I like the park bench and his thoughts. The repetition of time give strength to the story. The story is amazing. I like the use of letters to give strength to the story. A excellent letter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

312 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 18, 2011
Last Updated on April 27, 2012


Author

M.Kilani
M.Kilani

Amman, Jordan



About
"The more you read the better you write" more..

Writing