First letter, The Departure

First letter, The Departure

A Chapter by M.Kilani
"

Mark decides to move on with his life after he lost hope with having a relation with Brandy.

"
Dear Brandy,

It has been three days now, I decided to move on, I won't deny that despair is my motive, in addition to a touch of hate, it's shocking; the hate we'd hold for the one we love.
I decided to move South with Leo, business is not so well in here, I sold my guitar and I've fixed the car with the last of money I had, and I bought a good supply of tobacco and coffee, I won't be able to call you like I used to, I can't afford long distance calls anymore and I'll be moving from a place to another so you won't be able to call me as well, and to be honest I'm still mad.
Speaking of coffee it has been almost two years since we first met, I still remember that coffee house, that cup of coffee with Rum that Brad added I still remember all faces specially yours, it's weird that I still keep my cigarettes next to your photos that you sent last year, they made me laugh for a while then I got this urge to smoke more and more.

I still get those nightmares which for a weird reason wake me up at 3:30 so I'd pray for you every night at 3:33am, I have to go now, Leo started to get drowsy, he's been driving for 6 hours now, and this car still overheats, I don't know when my next letter would be, I don't know wither you'd receive this letter but I'll always write you.
Be well.
Yours truly,
 Mark.




© 2012 M.Kilani


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Intriguing. just from this letter there is so much the reader can glean - yet so many questions arise. Well done. An interesting vehicle for a story - a collection of letters.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

M.Kilani

10 Years Ago

Thank you, I'm glad you find it so.
it has captured me..

Posted 12 Years Ago


As the first (of many) letters, I have to say this grabbed my attention. The little details, like Mark praying for Brandy each morning at 3:33, the sudden loss of cash (and rather humorous monetary "priorities" of coffee and tobacco) and that the pictures of Brandy give Mark a not-so-subconscious urge to smoke were all pretty brilliant. Looking forward to more.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Nice start! I like the little and not so little obstacles in the way like the stubborn car and the tight cash. I wonder what changed between the two friends. Thanks for the read request. Hoping to read futher!

Posted 12 Years Ago


A very good start to the story. You have mystery and the letter. I like the use of time. You have my attention. I look forward to reading more. Thank you for the excellent opening chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

491 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 17, 2011
Last Updated on April 27, 2012


Author

M.Kilani
M.Kilani

Amman, Jordan



About
"The more you read the better you write" more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Addicted To You Addicted To You

A Poem by Bubo


Zoo Zoo

A Story by MissWordSmith