Eighth Letter, Fighting temptations

Eighth Letter, Fighting temptations

A Chapter by M.Kilani
"

Leo haven't return and Mark feels lonesome and despair gets into him, he starts a night shift in a club where he fights many kinds of temptations

"
Dear Brandy,

I hope this letter finds you at well, it's been over two weeks now, Leo haven't arrive, I can't take this lonesome any more, I want to call you so bad but I'm working a night shift as a guard in some club, I can't believe I'm resisting the temptation to drink, I get to the hotel room exhausted, barely got the energy to pray for you and fall asleep.
You have no idea how many times have I pointed that gun to my head, how hard I'm fighting the temptation, I'm steps away from falling, I can imagine what words you would say at such a situation, you'd tell me in a harsh voice to put myself together and to be strong, you'd remind me of how hard your life is; away from home and all alone, now I do understand how it feels.
That woman Vyvienne is going south she asked me to join her and her band, it was nice of her, but I can't go without Leo,  I wounder what took him long, I guess it's Sharon, she has this photography passion, she must have stopped him hundreds of times now.
I'm still working in the newspaper, it's paying well, in addition to the money I get from the club I guess I might stay here, but the journey must go on, although I'm seeing a lot of women working at the club, you have no idea how many numbers did I get in those two weeks, I called some, and I went out with some, but none has captured my heart.

I wounder what are you doing at the moment, what book are you reading, what song are you listening to, and what new addiction have you found, I still remember your chocolate addiction, I have a box of chocolate filled with Rum, I'll send it with this letter, just like I once promised you, well, I have to go now my shift is about to start, I was writing you on the Mahogany bar, we'll have the same kind of wood at the cafe Leo and I are opening, good thing I'm saving money for that, I will pray for you at 3:33am, I don't know when would I write you again, I'm not sure you receive my letters since you stopped calling my mother give her a call she likes you, I'll always write you, be sane and be well.
Yours truly,
 Mark


© 2012 M.Kilani


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

225 Views
Added on December 20, 2011
Last Updated on April 27, 2012


Author

M.Kilani
M.Kilani

Amman, Jordan



About
"The more you read the better you write" more..

Writing