Chapter 1: Holly -Brome, Alaska

Chapter 1: Holly -Brome, Alaska

A Chapter by Melly moo
"

Love what you have while you still have it. Don't take anything for granted 'cause you never know when something will come to an end - Niamh c.

"

The sun burns happiness into my eyes, blinding me with light, even though my eyes are closed. Sergeant lays beside me, bored probably, though nothing is stopping him from going home. I secretly think he likes being here with me, likes the company but with no strings attached. He is as dark as night and really needs a haircut, I’m surprised he hasn’t tripped on his tail. He is the most beautiful Andalusian in all of Brome, maybe even the world.
     I think about him, he makes me happy and shows me freedom. I remember how it feels to ride him, just like I did moments ago bareback across the beach and I’m trapped in the memory, but I don’t mind. The sharpness of the breeze, as it abuses my hair against my back, but failing in its attempts to take away the pure enjoyment of the moment. My heart pounds with Serg, we are one and the world is right and just in our eyes.
    Unlike the world before us, we are different. We may look the same as those before us -but this is a new world. The apocalypse brought a new beginning for humanity and the High Court of Nations set out to colonise the world when sign of new land emerged again on Earth. We sacrificed a lot to make it right; going back to basics leaving weapons and technologies behind. The New World looks a look like the beginning of the old one, except it wasn’t like history was repeating itself; something had changed, there was no dinosaurs, no ice age. The new World reminds me of Gondwana and Laurasia, the lands that were present at the beginning of The Old World.
     I am the 7th generation; so lucky to be in this world. Alaska, Russia, Belgium, Egypt, France, Greece, China, Italy, The United Kingdom, Turkey, Switzerland, Spain, Peru, India, New Zealand, Persia and the best of the ancient world and their empires, is all that is here and all that will ever be here. The leaders of this world searched through everything they could find to determine the most worthy countries to rebuild in their prime. It’s quite exciting living so far in the old world, so far into the past.
     I would of never have fitted into the last centuries of The Old World, it was so greedy with possibility and electronic devices. To just have the best of history laid out before a new world, where the nations are as close together as they were in the beginning of time; that excites me more than any new fan dangled thing Apple Electronics created. To be able to catch a boat over to Athens to the Great architecture of ancient Greece, ride to the boarders of that nation, and arrive on the desert sands of Persia. Travel "by camel of course- to Egypt to visit the great pyramids of Giza; soon making my way back home again -only to head in the opposite direction. Run into the Great Wall of China and follow it north, all the way to the Belgium, Russia, Turkey; to travel south to Switzerland, then north-east to the equator, where you would find India and Peru -each country in their own little part of history. I couldn’t imagine living anywhere else.

     “Holly!” The husky voice of wisdom beacons me and I cannot refuse.
     “Coming!” I yell back, opening my eyes and scaring the living daylights out of Sergeant.
“Same place, tomorrow. Up in the mountains, then we will trail back here and go for a swim ok?” I whisper, close to Sergeant’s ear as I hug his neck. He may not speak English but he’s used to the weekend routine.
     The sand begs me not to go, dragging me down a dune, making my feet sluggish and heavy. I kick it away as I spirit upwards excepting the challenge, I can hear each gain whisper insults to me. I laugh at myself as I try but fail at getting up the hill quickly; I hear the grains laugh along with me knowing as well as they do that if I had a choice, I’d never leave. I finally reach the cabin, which is only a few metres off the beach, might I add. I’m exhausted and persistent little grains of sand, have wedged their way between my toes, I hear their hearts shattered as I brush my feet off on the porch.
     “Dinners ready” Nan says and I rush over to help her set it on the table. She looks as grief stricken as ever, it must be hard to have no family but a seventeen year old girl. To have to witness your husband’s death and to find out your only child was murdered along with her husband, to live with the grief. It makes me angry that murder still exists in this world.



© 2012 Melly moo


Author's Note

Melly moo
This book has CHANGING POINT OF VIEWS! Just thought I'd make it clear. i thought it was pretty clear but if it isn't let me know! :) pretty much every chapter is a different POV so that's why some chapters are longer then others :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Your creation of a new world is promising, with many new, original ideas as to how life is shaped. Though I am not perfectly sure of all things, I must say the story looks challenging and interesting! There are some minor grammar problems, which will need some attention (e.g. "The New World looks a look like" change to "looks a lot like"). It might the information is a bit too much all, as you stuff two paragraphs with all this new information, perhaps you can spread more evenly across the other parapgraphs. So I believe to read here that mankind didn't live on earth for some time (in spaceships?) and started to colonise the earth after new land was formed there. This has great potential, as you can shape the world into every desirable direction. Certainly going to follow this one :) Good job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Melly moo

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the review I really appreciate it :)



Reviews

Your creation of a new world is promising, with many new, original ideas as to how life is shaped. Though I am not perfectly sure of all things, I must say the story looks challenging and interesting! There are some minor grammar problems, which will need some attention (e.g. "The New World looks a look like" change to "looks a lot like"). It might the information is a bit too much all, as you stuff two paragraphs with all this new information, perhaps you can spread more evenly across the other parapgraphs. So I believe to read here that mankind didn't live on earth for some time (in spaceships?) and started to colonise the earth after new land was formed there. This has great potential, as you can shape the world into every desirable direction. Certainly going to follow this one :) Good job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Melly moo

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the review I really appreciate it :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

214 Views
1 Review
Added on October 26, 2012
Last Updated on October 26, 2012
Tags: fantasy, magic, teen, travel, young adult, romance


Author

Melly moo
Melly moo

Australia



About
Reviews or messages, or anything is really helpful and appreciated!!! more..

Writing