Chapter 10: and the Heart Thief (Part II)

Chapter 10: and the Heart Thief (Part II)

A Chapter by Melly moo
"

I don't like sharing you, especially with my psychotic cousin.

"
I should really stop talking. Well thinking of scenarios because so far they have been nothing but mischief. As if the gods themselves sent her, here she was. Jodhpurs on, crop in hand, looking like the other half to Rafe’s tap dancing act. It made me sick, the thought of her in such attire so closing bounded to my cousin that there was no escape for her now. Although that’s quite unfair, I shouldn’t be giving him so much credit. Yes, Rafe shall be the least of her worries, if I cannot find some sense of self control around her and hold on for dear life to it �"for both our sakes. I make my way towards them but too lately I arrive. She whispers words to him, although locked in a gaze of wit with me. I urge her to stop but it is too late. I see the grin of greed and glee on Rafe’s face as she has offered her body to his labour and he is more than happy to oblige.
     “Oh cousin, just in time. I would say help your new found pet although you have work, yourself to do -Since you just burnt a hole in my roof.” I look up a gash of sky and fluffy clouds gleam upon me, making my squint against the sunlight. I gaze around me, everyone is awe stricken. This has never happened before, did I become ablaze in flames? So grand they reached the top of the tent burning a perfect line of my travel towards them. What is the meaning of this?
     “Rafe please,I know it must be very difficult for you to resist such an offer but I am begging that you do.”
     “Oh I see, so you’re begging to me now? Kneeling? Dancing like a joker for the queen? I do pity you and your lack of sense and self worth but I’m going to have to ignore you.” I half expected Holly to answer flaunting her independence but I see already that she has learnt one way or another to hold her tongue in a man’s presence. If I was ablaze before I am quite surprised I am not now. My arms are shaking as I try to crunch my own fits out of existence. My natural ego and sense of male dominance that has lingered with me since childbirth is just waiting for me to unclench my jaw and give my dear, dear cousin a piece or two of my mind.


© 2012 Melly moo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
Added on December 21, 2012
Last Updated on December 21, 2012
Tags: fantasy, magic, teen, travel, young adult, romance


Author

Melly moo
Melly moo

Australia



About
Reviews or messages, or anything is really helpful and appreciated!!! more..

Writing