Chapter 4: and the Heart Thief

Chapter 4: and the Heart Thief

A Chapter by Melly moo
"

Goodbye, old friend.

"

a little too loudly as I rub between her ears, her black eyes look deep into mine, glad to see me. We could pass as twins practically, if she was human that is. Though she could pass as a guard dog; I haven’t seen much of her lately, sending her on petrol to keep the little one safe. She grips onto one of my suspender with her pearly whites and tugs on it, making me realise I had stopped patting her. I kiss upon her head and sneak my way to the back door. She follows, quieter then I am -panther instinct I guess. Ezra has been with me for as long as I can remember. A twig breaks under my foot and I freeze, I turn around to see my furry friend look at me as if to say ‘you idiot’. I turn back around and continue walking through the scrub until I reach a small clearing outside the back door.  I peak in the window; Jess is in the kitchen looking more beautiful than ever. She looks up from her book and sees me at the window, she doesn’t jump, doesn’t scream, only smiles as if I’m a guest long awaited. She opens the door and invites me in; I tell Ezra to remain outside.
     “You have impeccable timing” she says softly. I’m confused at first but look into her eyes and see the truth "she’s dying.
     “It was you? So that’s why I was feeling so uneasy” I say, things making more sense now.
     “I was hoping you’d come in time. I want you to take me heart, batter and bruise it as you wish. I have had more than my fair share of pain and I’ve had enough. This will be selfish of me but it’s what I want” each word made my heart sick, I couldn’t take her heart away, but after all I’ve put her through, it would be the most noble thing to do.



© 2012 Melly moo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on October 26, 2012
Last Updated on December 21, 2012
Tags: fantasy, magic, teen, travel, young adult, romance


Author

Melly moo
Melly moo

Australia



About
Reviews or messages, or anything is really helpful and appreciated!!! more..

Writing