Chapter 12: Holly (Part V)

Chapter 12: Holly (Part V)

A Chapter by Melly moo
"

I can only chase you for so long before I tired of your mystery and move on.

"
     I was surrounded by fluffy clouds, it was snowing and the wind was so crisp that it seized my bones and made me shiver. I squinted my eyes, I felt like I was stuck in the middle of a blizzard. The smartest thing to do would be to go back inside but the loyal stead that brought me here flooded my mind. I had to get back to the village so I could rug her up and put her in the stable. I trudged on forward not even sure if I was going in the right direction. I felt so alone in the vast purity of the snow. I could see know and my calls for help of hellos and questions went unanswered. Anxiety started to creep in, I was completely alone. As If the lord heard me he grabbed my arm and lifted me off my feet.
     “Where are you heading?” was all he said no ‘what the hell are you doing out here!’ or calling me an idiot of laughing at me just offered his assistance and stayed out of my reasoning and thoughts.
     “Do you know the circus village near here?” I whispered, for that was all that was needed we were so close that even the slightest breathe could be heard.
     “Sure do, I will lead you back. Hold on.” He said lifting me onto his back. I hugged him close his suede trench coat was rough but the fur collar where I rested him head upon was soft and inviting. The rugged weather and his attire didn’t suit this angel it was too rough and brutal for someone like him. I hoped I wasn’t the cause of his exposure to such weather, was he the only one who heard my plea and came to the rescue? I tried not to question it or feel guilty about it, I was saved and heading home, I was safe and I would be forever grateful.
“Maybe it's best that you don’t stay here tonight. I have a house not far from here; it would be warmer and safer. These people are used to this weather.” He said. I shivered as I rugged my horse and led her to the stables. I paused for a moment to look at him, he was barley a step away but even through the gaps of the stable the wind blew in the snow and I couldn’t barley recognise his face.
“I’m just worried about you, is all.” He added and I was still motionless. He had me quite worried because up until now he had been so sure of everything that it made me feel at ease, I imagined him to be the type to demand I stay the night and drag me there when I refused. This flaw in character he expressed at this moment should have damper my opinion of him but if anything my respect for him grew, he was respectful of woman and my choice in all this. He didn’t force the issue upon me even though I could tell form the strain in his voice that he highly suggests I agree to it.
     “Ok.” I answered with more certainty in my decision than any other decision I had made in my life.



© 2012 Melly moo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
Added on December 21, 2012
Last Updated on December 21, 2012
Tags: fantasy, magic, teen, travel, young adult, romance


Author

Melly moo
Melly moo

Australia



About
Reviews or messages, or anything is really helpful and appreciated!!! more..

Writing