Chapter 12: Holly (Part IV)

Chapter 12: Holly (Part IV)

A Chapter by Melly moo

     “Yes please. I was looking for journals or diaries, autobiographies or anything none fictional from around 14 years ago.” I said avoiding his eyes which were refused to stop chasing mine.
     “Ok, well you out of luck sweetie, only the classics here.” He said putting his gloves back on.
     “Well thanks anyway for your help.” I said smiling and taking my leave.
     “Wait, you try to library they have old newspapers.”
     “Thank you, I shall do that.” I said pointing my hands in my jeans pockets and shivering a little uncontrollably. At least now I have some direction as to where I should be heading.
     I would have slapped myself if I wasn’t in a place that demanded my etiquette. It was immaculate. Just stunning, it was so crisp and surreal. The stocky columns that were made out of a varnished rich rose wood that encased angelic white columns that spurted out like a water foundation and caressed into the ceiling �"their geometrical patterns of fine detail was just stunning. I tried not to blemish the floor as I tiptoed through the library. At that moment I forgot what I was looking for but after impossibly keeping tired of walking down each row in awe, I began my hunt. I headed to a small room where some things were encased in glass. It looked like some sort of newspaper but every letter that formed a word on the page and along the spines of the books in the distance was alien to me. I searched for assistance, praying that they spoke English. To my luck the lady at the front desk did infect speak English and pointed me in the right direction well practically gave me exact co-ordinates to the 3 newspapers I would be interested in. I sat there trying to find articles with illustrations but they were few and far between. The kind lady at the desk �"after I explained my purpose, she gave me a list of key words to look out for, there meaning unknown to me but I trusted her and searched for meaning in them anyway. I had narrowed it down to three articles some months apart. One had an illustration of the circus crew, it was old and I could barely recognise if anyone of the faces of that of the Thief’s. I carried the articles back to the desk and the lady kindly let me borrow them, putting them in a special tube to keep them out of the weather. I didn’t really understand what the articles were saying but I knew that more than two key words popped up in each one and I thought long and hard about whom I could trust to translate this honestly and with discretion. Relationships are built on trust, so Thief was out of the question and Slade too; he seemed too much of a loyal friend and way too deeply woven into Thief’s secret for his own good. My next thought went to Rafe, of all people. However his cruel persona he was honest, I could see it in his eyes. I decided given his stand he would be smart about this. He had the time and would not tell anyone for he was above all, no one would be worthy of his thoughts �"well except me I hope. Doubt started to creep in then, would he even help me? They are cousins and Rafe wouldn’t want Thief in a huff or hurt, probably a little due to it dampening his performance; either way I didn’t see it as a problem if I played my cards right.



© 2012 Melly moo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
Added on December 21, 2012
Last Updated on December 21, 2012
Tags: fantasy, magic, teen, travel, young adult, romance


Author

Melly moo
Melly moo

Australia



About
Reviews or messages, or anything is really helpful and appreciated!!! more..

Writing