Chapter 7: Holly (Part I)

Chapter 7: Holly (Part I)

A Chapter by Melly moo
"

Ok, so is this the grief talking? Hello..?

"

I woke up screaming, the sound of it echoing against the walls had my in chills. I jumped out of bed and through up the dinner I don’t’ remember eating. I couldn’t stop and found myself crying as my stomach convulsed heaving up anything to make the images go away -though I feared the worst. Minutes passed and my body finally coming to terms with what I had just witnessed. Shaking, I hobbled back to my bed; perspiration running down the side of my face. I looked at my bed and collapsed. I couldn’t sleep now I could barely stand, it was so real. I felt like I was covered in filth, that seeped so deep into my skin that it was irremovable and lingered there teasing my organs and tainting my mind. I turned back around and walked out into the night, pyjamas and all. I stepped out on my porch and began to run away. Faster and faster as the tears never ended like a waterfall down my face, I could barely see, my eyes stung. I didn’t care. My feet bleed. I didn’t care. I felt numb. The world silent; except for the waves, like an eerie background noise. I could hear rustling in the trees though no wind shock them, my heart sunk, could this be he the one who is after me? Wants to batter and bruise my body before ripping my heart out and become done with me? I stared at the forest as I ran, two eyes looked back at me; pupils as back as night encased in a white so platinum it glowed in the moonlight, a dark figure seemed to emerge from the forest. I ran faster and the trees shock with anger, the sound of twigs snapping and leaves rustling sent my heart thumping inside my ears. I knocked with urgency on his door shaking for the cold and puffy eyed from my tears. I wasn’t welcomed with a question a little shock but no questions, I was grateful. He sat me down and grabbed me a jacket, coffee and a place in front of a fire blazing so innocently.
     “Holly?” Deputy Jones asked softly, though he wasn’t Deputy Jones. He wore grey track pants and a black t-shirt, his hair was tussled and it wasn’t the familiar Deputy I was picturing.  I hugged him close like the time he found me just as messed up in my room, it seems like years ago. He soothed me and I was grateful, I didn’t want to talk I just wanted to feel safe. I wasn’t usually the affectionate type especially not to strangers but I needed this more then I would admit. I wasn’t bold; I knew how he felt about me and this just made my affections less awkward if it had been anyone else.



© 2012 Melly moo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on October 26, 2012
Last Updated on December 21, 2012
Tags: fantasy, magic, teen, travel, young adult, romance


Author

Melly moo
Melly moo

Australia



About
Reviews or messages, or anything is really helpful and appreciated!!! more..

Writing