Chapter 11: Holly (Part II)

Chapter 11: Holly (Part II)

A Chapter by Melly moo
"

Too young, too hard, too fast

"

     Even though I am barely recognisable under the makeup I feel bare and stripped clean of all that could cover and conceal this body. My checks are flustered like tea kettles but only have the faintest pink glow under the pale makeup. I make my way into the ring and suddenly under the lights, the eyes of the audience and the soft encouragement of the crew backstage,I perform better than I thought I would, all worries and fear left. I was full of confidence and sass, I tore up the ring and the horses behaved perfectly. The applause from the crowd rattled my bones and I run through the dividing cloth with a huge smile on my face.
     “Well done.” He was the first to speak, everyone was just speechless. The fact that he wasn’t had me caught up; was that a good or bad thing that he was able to speak?
     “Thank you.” I said looking down at the ground. “Can I talk to you for a minute?” I ask looking into his eyes and wishing I hadn’t. I was falling hard but wanted to know him better know his relationship with my Nan before I commit to any feeling for him.
     “Sure, shall I walk you back to the tent?” By ‘the’ tent he meant his tent, his boldness and certainty was daunting as well as the fact that I would be sharing a tent with him.
     “So what did you want to talk about?” he asked walking in lighting a candle or two before spinning around to face me. I walked to him and grabbed his face in my hands; I kissed him passionately with no intentions of ever letting go -yeah so much for not committing. His arms laced under my coat, under my shirt and trailed up my spine. I pressed myself against him, giving all I had. I was everything I always wanted to be: bold, fierce and fearless "I guess he just brings out the best in me. A series of loud bangs and a couple of yahoos had us jumping ten feet back away from each other. I looked at him then exited the tent wondering what sort of sorcery was going on outside. The sky was lit up in the colours of a rainbow; it fanned out then died, falling back to the ground.
     “What is this?” I asked not even sure if he had followed me out.
     “Fireworks.” he whispered kissing my neck. I looked down from the sky to my feet, my checks hot and my heart heavy. I may have told myself I would figure out more about him before I find myself broken hearted but it was a little late to turn back now and I’m not the sort of girl to let it slide. From now on I will stop at nothing to find out who he truly is and how a circus freak that lives on the other side of the world could possibly know my Nan.



© 2012 Melly moo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
Added on December 21, 2012
Last Updated on December 21, 2012
Tags: fantasy, magic, teen, travel, young adult, romance


Author

Melly moo
Melly moo

Australia



About
Reviews or messages, or anything is really helpful and appreciated!!! more..

Writing