Chapter 9: Holly (Part VI)

Chapter 9: Holly (Part VI)

A Chapter by Melly moo
"

So this is the worlds wonders?

"
     We pass through towns and Moscow -the most beautiful city I have ever seen. We arrive to a forest full of wooden cottages and dancing girls with streamers. I almost cry, it reminds me so much of home -if anything I feel more at home here then I have ever felt in my entire life. The stranger smiles at my expression, glad I guess to see me smiling and laughing.
     “Come on, don’t be tight a*s. They won’t bite and I want their first impression of you to be one of the Holly I know and Lo-” The stranger trails off as we dismount. I’m in such a good mood I give a little and take his outstretched hand. It is warm and I try not to get used to the feeling his touch gives me. This place is extraordinary and I may not like him -and have a refusal to try, but I think I could be very happy here. The Horses disappear, I turn and my heart skips a beat in worry. He squeezes me hand gently. I catch his glance and he smiles -I weaken uncontrollably. We walk through the village and everyone stops and whispers. I start to get a little tense but as we approach the dancing girls -streamers in hand, they run to us and greet us; little kids are so cute when they try to say your name. I laugh and the stranger spins the girls around one by one. I try not to melt at the thought of him and his ability with kids. We move on our hands like magnets automatically finding each other again and I’m powerless to stop it. We reach a field of tents but only sprinkles of people are around.
     “It’s ok, you can relax.” he whispers, in this silence I can hear him perfectly but his speech doesn’t help my nerves. A huge laughter and chatter comes from a tent off in the distance and like a startled elk I whip my head and perk my ears. He chuckles and draws me closer. Two poles with wicks upon then, lay unlit outside the tent where chaos seems to be unleashed inside. The stranger whistles and I turn to face him confused. He clicks his fingers above the wick, it alights with a blaze and I am gobsmacked. He smiles then stares past me; I take a step backwards and watch as he blows towards the opposite pole -it alights, I am conflicted with my thoughts of him. How could he light that? Is it some sort of trick? Who was this man, really? I felt only air pass my face but it seemed as if once his breathe hit the wick it ignited with a fiery passion -one that seemed to mimic his personality so perfectly. I just smile lost for answers and shake my head, shrugging it off. He laughs and pushes open a break in the tent. There are people everywhere and they all stop dead for a moment glancing between us and then one breaks the silence.
     “Thief! You’re back my friend.” a man with black spikes drawn beneath his eyes and a crocked top hat which covers the other one. He smiles a wicked one at me and grabs the stranger’s hand as he approaches us. They grip each other in an embrace and I feel like smiling �"they seem like close friends.
     “Slade, this is Holly.” The ‘Thief’ is that his real name or just some name between friends? Both men look at me and I feel so out of place here.
     “Hello, nice to meet you.” I response automatically, taking a deep breath. I stretch out my hand and Slade grabs it, kissing it lightly. I’m a little caught off guard and freeze.
     “Such beauty; the voice of an Angel and the touch of Aphrodite.” Slade winks at me his mouth still hovering over my hand as he speaks. I’m not sure what to make of it but ‘Thief’ looking smug grabs him by the shoulders and places him a fair distance away from me. I scan the room, some people are whispering -I hate that. Others are slumped back in their chairs analysing me; others not quite sure of what to make of the situation, just look at The Thief with curiosity. I catch the intense glare of a man in the corner. His eye makeup is thick; he wears a white blouse with an open chest, a red suede tail coat. His feet are propped up on the table, ankles crossed -laced with shiny leather boots and a top hat to match. We continue to stare at each other. He looks like The Thief and I glance back at him in an effort not to be further intimidated by that man.
     “Cousin, nice of you to finally join us. A word?” The man in the corner stands; placing his hands down on the table as he leans in towards us.
     “Sure Rafe, give me a minute.” The man straightens his stance, nose to the ceiling. He removes his hat and places it on the table. Under the light of the gas lamps that make the tent glow, I see Rafe’s hair slicked down tight to his skull. It is raven as shiny as his boots. He doesn’t look pleased and I see people squirm; I sense authority and squirmed a little myself.
     “I’ll be back; Ezra won’t leave your side until I return.” The Thief whispers in my ear and hovers there as if tossing up whether I would slap him if his lips gently kissed my cheek. I’m glad he decided against it, for I wasn’t in the position to be bold. I look around in wonder of who Ezra might be and scream jumping two feet back -I glanced down to a purr and came eye to eye with a big black cat the height of my waist staring up at me. People laugh, others whisper further. I get to my feet with the help of Slade who too eagerly dusts me off.



© 2012 Melly moo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
Added on October 26, 2012
Last Updated on October 26, 2012
Tags: fantasy, magic, teen, travel, young adult, romance


Author

Melly moo
Melly moo

Australia



About
Reviews or messages, or anything is really helpful and appreciated!!! more..

Writing