Chapter 6: and the Heart Thief (Part II)

Chapter 6: and the Heart Thief (Part II)

A Chapter by Melly moo
"

The magic and myth...

"
The salt air burned my eyes and my chin felt like three day growth when I ran my hand over it; salt crusted my face and was like diamonds in Willow’s hair. The end of the wall was in view a few feet in front of us, a sort of relief and sense of accomplishment followed, that we crossed the wall in a little less than a day. The water was dark and mermaids sung in the waves, tempting even the most devoted man, Willow’s father Flynn; who swayed and resisted their call as he made his way towards us.
     “Hey Willow, you’re dad looks tired, go give him a kiss -wake him up” I said softly, knelt down to her height. We both laughed as we watched him approach us. She kissed me on the cheek and ran to his side, tugging on his tunic so she realise him from their bonds. The love of the innocent and pure can cure almost anything -even my selfishness. I placed my rough palm on my cheek and smiled a toothless grin; she had no need to cure me for I had no heart no human demise. She knew; saw something in me, something worthy of a kiss "A child’s soul still seizes to amaze me. I shook my head, my eyes fixated on the stones of the past that lay at my feet; with my hands buried deep in pockets of dirt and cotton. The soft feel of moist soil like water compared to the long trudge over cold stone. I made my way to the carriage filled with stained and weathered travel trunks. The wheels made of splintering wood creaked as the horses ploughed the floor below their feet, restless and needing escape from human invention. I unbuckled them and threw my over shirt in the carriage, my arms were bear but at least it would make my life easier. I lifted the weight off their back, the breast collar or whatever they were "I never really paid much attention to this kind of stuff. It was heavy, that was for sure, take two men to carry it I’d bet. For me, still heavy and I think my arms had leather burn after it from all the adjusting and fussing just to get the damn things off and in the tents that popped up like daisies in the first five minute we touched soil. We were about a kilometre in the forest that bordered Germany.


© 2012 Melly moo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on October 26, 2012
Last Updated on December 21, 2012
Tags: fantasy, magic, teen, travel, young adult, romance


Author

Melly moo
Melly moo

Australia



About
Reviews or messages, or anything is really helpful and appreciated!!! more..

Writing