Chapter 9: Holly (Part I)

Chapter 9: Holly (Part I)

A Chapter by Melly moo
"

A highly anticipated arrival.

"
     Clothes were scattered all over the room in my rage of impatience and hate. Why wasn’t he here already so I can tear out his spinal cord, if he even has one. I mean who was this man?! Who does he think he is, trolling up here and taking me away to a godless island out east I bet -Siberia, No Man’s Land. He could be a psychopathic hippie for all I know! Nan was probably half drunk when she agreed to it. There was something not right about this I’m missing something, this didn’t make sense. Why would she do this to me? Whatever is going on here I will get to the bottom of it if it’s the last thing I do. The door like a gong rattles under a thumping knock with an iron fist. I crumble my clothes and stuff them in my duffel bag, look down upon myself and decide to change into something more suitable for hiking. The door shakes the whole cabin and I stand there preparing myself to open the door.
     “Hey.” I can barely speak. I’m in shock, he isn’t that old as I previously thought a couple years older than me, maybe less, he was nicely dressed but it looked awkward, like it wasn’t his usual style.
     “Good afternoon, miss.” he said, his voice like whiskey.
     “I’ll get my stuff.” I respond bluntly, like slamming a door in his face -I see him flinch. I sigh and walk back to get my bag, trying so hard not to cry or claw his face off. I drag my bag by its ears, it’s pretty heavy. I look around at the kitchen, the living room. This time my eyes do get a little blurry. I picture my Nan, her humming, her baked cookies. Her hugs and the times she made me laugh so hard I’d choke on my dinner. The times I slid in my soaks along the floor, imagining I was ice-skating. A warm hand weighed down my shoulder and I have to admit I did jump and let off I little girlish yelp. He just looks at me with contempt, he looks kind of mournful, as if he were a mirror image of my emotions at that point. I frowned and shrugged him off. I walked out the door and onto the road, not a vehicle in sight.


© 2012 Melly moo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on October 26, 2012
Last Updated on October 26, 2012
Tags: fantasy, magic, teen, travel, young adult, romance


Author

Melly moo
Melly moo

Australia



About
Reviews or messages, or anything is really helpful and appreciated!!! more..

Writing