Chapter 9: Holly (Part VIII)

Chapter 9: Holly (Part VIII)

A Chapter by Melly moo
"

When you realise your fate, embrace it and vouch to never let it slip through your fingers.

"

     “Holly? Holly! Hey, where are you going?!” I heard that familiar voice of whisky and continued running. I wiped my eyes and could make out a tent in my path. It looks familiar; this must be the tent I was in last night.
     “Holly wait! Don’t go in there!” I ignored him. He would only want to hold me and tell me everything was ok and I -powerless to him, would accept him against my better judgement. I pushed open the tent but stopped dead a few steps in confused as hell. This was not the tent. A man arose from a chair and I staggered back, lost for words. His face as cold as it was when our eyes first met. The Heart Thief’s arm constricted my body, leaving me breathless for many reasons.
     “I thought you said she wouldn’t be of any trouble?” Rafe said his arms folded tight across his bare chest covered in ink, muscle deep and scars that distorted some of the images.
     “She’s of no trouble to you cousin. Please I respect you, you know that -but if you lay one hand on her I don’t know if I will be able to keep your authority in mind.” The Heart Thief hissed and tensed around me. I stood there face covered in tears, head pounding.
     “Get out of my sight "before I change my mind.” He snickered and Thief grabbed my hand pulling me out of the tent. I struggled and he gripped tighter. He turned to yell at me but when my hand came in contact with his cheek he was silenced. The back on my hand tingled and my chest rose and fell with fury. I’m not some rag doll that can be taunted and teased; beaten and dragged through the mud and still come out smiling. I stormed passed him and grab my bags from ‘his’ tent I presume. I don’t know what I’m going to do but I just can’t be cruel to this man any more. I can see he is trying to make this work but it not going to I won’t allow it. it frustrates me but I know I’m right not to trust him something is just off about him and I don’t want to be hurt again. If I get too comfortable here the Siberians might sense my new found happiness and slaughter everyone I’ve ever socialised with.
     “Please Holly, just give him a chance.” Slade begs me not to go; I see how much he cares in his desperation to persuade me with a speech.
     “I don’t want to be here.” My voice broke and tears burst from my eyes. He looks worried and pulls out a handkerchief.
     “Here. Don’t worry it hasn’t been dipped in chloroform.” I take it confused by what chloroform is but I think he was trying to be funny "maybe.
     “Thanks, guessing you don’t want this back?”
     “Yeah, you can keep it.” he chuckled.
     “Come on you seen pretty alright for a southerner. Trust me you won’t be bored here -or harmed I’ll make sure you It.” I sighed, everyone is so kind to me and I’ve been so stuck up and whiny about everything.
     “Ok. Even from him?” I looked passed Slade at The Heart Thief, pitching yet another tent "Rafe standing guard. I’m no circus expert but he seems like the ringleader type. Everyone seems to be helping with the tent that’s the colour of a giant lolly pop. I hope Slade won’t get into trouble for speaking to me.
     “He’s not that bad, just misunderstood. A monster so strong no matter how hard he tries he’s gonna squish a couple of flies.”
     “I’m guessing I’m a fly?” I smile.
     “Ha yes, yes you are.”



© 2012 Melly moo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
Added on October 26, 2012
Last Updated on December 21, 2012
Tags: fantasy, magic, teen, travel, young adult, romance


Author

Melly moo
Melly moo

Australia



About
Reviews or messages, or anything is really helpful and appreciated!!! more..

Writing