AMERICA! Here we come girls!

AMERICA! Here we come girls!

A Chapter by Millie
"

. . .

"

AMERICA! Here we come girls!

 

Packing bags off to America with my bestfriends to spend half of the summer with my Dad. My parents aren't together and my Mum has soul parental guidance. Although I have to spend have of what ever time I have away from school with my Dad. Although most of the time that didn't end up happening. I was a very stroppy young teenager, aren't we all? This was all meant to stop when I was sixteen. I'm seventeen. I feel guilt because of everything that happened in the past, so I go to America to see him when ever I can.

 

"You got everything Lilia?" Kathrin called.

"Yep I'm all packed won't be a minute" I answered.

"Okay! Lil' Mel and Caitlyn are here" she shouted up. I could here them talk, they always talked loudly as if to still include me in their conversation.Increasing the sound they made if they really needed me to hear what they were saying. I came down  stairs to see a crowd of people talking to my Mum in the narrow hallway in fornt of the stairs that lead to the door. I dropped my suitccase by the bottom step as I ran to give my Mum the last hug for a long time, "Quick girls go get in the car " Mum told them. They picked up their bags and run out in an excited rush. "Wait Lilia, I have something to give you." she called as I picked up my bags. I stayed back with her.

 

"Well as you know your favourite book's film is coming out and the premiere is in America" She pulled out two tickets from her back pocket. "I thought we could go together but your with your Dad so I thought at least you could go."

"Mum! You shouldn't have!" I said in an overly excited voice wanting to jump up and down.

"I know the other ticket's going to waste but it was worth it to see that smile on your face" My Mum smiled softly. "Now quick in the car, NO! wait again. I got you a dress to wear." The dress was midnight blue, strapless, cut off just above the knee's. It came with midnight blue heels to match. "You shouldn't have honestly this is too perfect. You know me like no other Mum!" She opened my bag and folded them in neatly with the mess that I call packing.

 

She rushed me in the car so that we could set off for the airport. "Time to spend a three weeks down at beach, sun, sea, sand and everything else!"

"Woo" Everyone screamed bursting the ears drums of every single person we passed. After the excitement of leaving we calmed down and eventually fell asleep. Myself, Caitlyn and Melanie sat in the back with our legs lapped over one another as we slept. Kathrin sat in the front  looking at the places we passed with my Mum cause she could almost never sleep in a car journey's. Kathrin could never handle moving and sleeping at the same time, not in her mental state.

 

"Wake up girls" Mum called softly. We all stayed sound asleep. Caitlyn's legs dissappered under mine and Melanie's.

"Oit! Sleeping beauty's we're at the airport!" Kathrin shouted at us in her 'angry mummy voice'. Gradually we woke up in a ratty mood after being shouted at.

"Okay, Okay we're up!" We got out of the car then hurriedly collected our suitcases and hand luggage out of the boot. Staggering towards the airport.

 

"Ouickly! Come on I need to sort out my make up" Caitlyn stated as we stood in the queue to check in.

"Calm down Cate we're near the front" Mel ansered. The line moved slowly through as people got here early for flights that didn't leave for hours. It was hot, sticky and there was too many people in here.

"Do people not realise your meant to be here two hours early not five! urgg" I wanted to shout but I said it in my normal voice. As we came to the check out desk, I began to get more annoyed. The girl at the desk looked like a blond plastic spastic and just to our luck she was.

 

"Hello, what flight are you checking in for?"

"The 10 o'clock to America"

"How many of you are there?"

"Can you not-" I took in a breath. "There's four of us" I stated as I attempted to stay calm.

"Alright then, be dears put all your luggage on here. Please don't put your hand luggage there though" She was probably saying that because she'd done it before. I thought to myself. "Thank you now continue on please"

 

Our hand luggage got put through the x-ray machine. After everything was checked we made our way to the waiting area. "How long now?" Melanie asked.

"Not long about an hour" I looked toward the bathroom. "I'm going to the loo, to check my make-up annoy one coming?"

"I've been" said Caitlyn.

"I'll go" added Mel "It'll kill time won't it?" It was a complete rhetorical question. We rushed over to the bathroom seeing there was que to be seen yet.

 

I looked at myself in the mirror, my hair laid by my shoulders, my mascara was slightly smudged under my eyes. My eye liner looked like it was disappearing as it mixed in with my dark eye shadow. I took out one one of my make-up wipes from my bag. Gently I wiped off the make-up from my face. I felt fresher with no make-up on. Although the no-make up look can never last. I need at least a small amount of mascara on.

 

I waited for Melanie as she re-applied her make-up. She turned around to me and said "Gotta look good when entering Amerrrica" she rolled her "r's". We both giggled. She turned back to the mirror and applied her mascara looked in the mirror and said "Okay, I'm ready"

"With time to spare" I added. She laughed gently  before turning and exiting the lavatory. Upon exiting we saw Kathrin and Caitlyn sat having what was either a cup of black tea or coffee. Our chairs had gone, this was probably dew to the business men and women gathered in a large group near the window. The business people wore black suites most of the women wore a small pencil skirt and the men black boot line trousers.

 

I went and sat on kathrin's lap knowing she never minded. It took me back to the days when we used to just go jumble on each to each other when there wasn't enough seats on school trips and day trips out, back when we were kids. I only know now how much I took that for granted. I miss some of those days.

 

 

I slept through most of the plane trip. So honestly i don't remember much of the journey. But i do remember being woken up.  I swear people have a thing about wake a girl from her slumber.



© 2011 Millie


Author's Note

Millie
edited tell me what you think??.xx

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

408 Views
Added on August 9, 2011
Last Updated on December 24, 2011
Previous Versions


Author

Millie
Millie

Portsmouth, Copner, United Kingdom



About
I'm 16 (almost). I write to express conflicting emotions. This enable to let me release them without feeling like there mine by putting them in different scenarios. I enjoy writing, but music is m.. more..

Writing
f**k knows yet f**k knows yet

A Story by Millie


Intentions Intentions

A Story by Millie


One One

A Chapter by Millie