Chapter 1: Duchey Brothers- DUCHEY

Chapter 1: Duchey Brothers- DUCHEY

A Chapter by Pakino

Midnight. The hour of thieves so the bedtime stories say. Rain poured from the skies flooding the streets causing the gutters to overflow.

“There comes the s**t hole.”
“Come now, ignore such scenes we are here on an assignment.”

Both men began to stare at St. Paul’s Cathedral. The massive cathedral’s shadow hid the two thieves from sight.

“Beauty isn’t she, Dennis.”
“Sadly, our assignment is here,” said Dennis with a grim tone.
“Silence, do you want to alert the Theodens,” the other man said whispering to Dennis
“Father is quite the something to send his only two sons on this assignment.”
The other man gave a nod and said, “Someone has to do the job.”

Instantly, the man pulled out a grabbling hook and launched it at the cathedral. Dennis stared as the man began to fasten the rope securing passage into the cathedral.

“May the virgin bless us on our call of duty,” said the man as he began to replicate the cross.

“Leo, enough with your religion! We are thieves! You and your virgin,” Dennis protested
“If you go to hell, remember Christ,” Leo said sternly.
“Your mind is in the rain, let us hurry.”

Both brothers began to climb the rope and soon both stood in front of a door. Dennis quickly took out a pair of pins and began to open the lock. Leo looked up at the sky and allowed his face to be drenched with rain.

At the sound of a click Leo turned around and noticed Dennis finished opening the lock. In silence both brothers entered the room, the room was dark and not well lit. The stifling air caused the brothers to breathe harder. Dennis grabbed hold of his dagger and proceeded forward into the room.

Deep within the room a sound was heard. Dennis quickly halted and began to trace the source of the noise. As the noise was heard again Dennis quickly headed towards the location.

Quickly extending his dagger, Dennis armed himself from any nearby guards. Instantly, a man walked into sight and seated himself on a nearby stool. The man was clad in monk robes and picked up a writing utensil. Dennis quickly ran towards the man and placed the dagger on the man’s throat and said, “Where is the Holy Spatia.”

The man in fear dropped his brush and began to mumble, “L…..leave me a…alone this is holy grounds.”
“Old man we know you are under the service of The House of Theoden. You will surrender the key to the safe.”

The monk out of fear quickly placed his hand in his robe and revealed a key. The monk placed the key on the table stand and said, “P…please spare me.”

Without a moment to spare Dennis placed the dagger into the monk’s throat. Dennis quickly grabbed hold of the lifeless body and slowly placed it on the ground. Meanwhile Leo looked in surprise at what happened.

“You killed a holy man!” Leo snapped at Dennis.
“If we hadn’t brother, he would have notified the guards. Look there a passage,” Dennis pointed to the attic door on the ground and continued, “Let’s grab the spatial and head out.”

Dennis quickly opened the hatch and peaked inside to make sure everything was clear. Leo quickly followed pursuit and jumped down and landed in an area which appeared to be the nave of the church. The glass mosaic pictures of the Virgin Mary reflected with each crack of lightning. Dennis quickly walked forward and pointed to the door at the end of the hallway. Using the key, Dennis opened the door revealing the crossing to the transept.

“Let’s check here,” whispered Leo to Dennis as he began to inspect the right transept. As Leo began to examine the walls he noticed something shine in the dark. Leo quickly grabbed hold of a nearby torch and began to examine the object.

To what appeared to be typical knight armor stood in the corner with sword pointed at the heavens. Leo brought the torch forward and noticed something was hidden inside the armor. He began to remove the helmet and noticed a switch inside. Leo turned around to Dennis who had begun to examine the walls.

“Dennis, come over here,” Leo said.
“Softly my brother we do not want to attract the guards now do we?”
As Dennis approached Leo pointed to the switch, Dennis took a glance at the switch and rushed over to the other transept.

On the other side also lay a knight statue, Dennis removed the helmet and noticed a switch. Dennis quickly grabbed hold of one of a torch and began to wave it wildly at Leo. Leo responded by waving the torch and pulled the switch, followed by Dennis.

Instantly, the doors opened leading to the choir. Dennis and Leo quickly stormed in and to their surprise stood three armed thieves.

“Boss, you were right, the rats did show up here,” came the response of one of the thieves.
“How much is their bounty , boss,” said the other.
A man clad in armor walked forward and said in a stern voice, “Duchey, I am the 4th
General of the Theoden. Sir Latov.”

“When did thieves earn such a high rank,” whispered Dennis to Leo.
“Perhaps, it boosts his ego,” Leo responded.

Sir Latov quickly grabbed a dagger and threw it at Leo. Leo evaded the attack and immediately released his dirk. Both brothers ran forward at the enemy before them.

Leo quickly grabbed one of the thieves and tossed them on the ground and using their dagger stabbed them in the chest. Dennis used his dirk to parry the incoming attack from the thief and kicked the enemy in the face knocking him back. However before the person could regain his balance he lay dead with a dagger in his throat.

Both brothers pulled back their hoods and looked at Sir Latov who was taken for surprise at the strength of the two brothers.

“Duchey Brothers……how could it be?”

Leo quickly ran forward past Sir Latov diverting his attention towards him. Sir Latov took out his sword and attempted to chase after Leo however his chase soon ended as Dennis dirk plunged through his heart.

Leo and Dennis both let out a grin.
“Theoden such fools,” said Leo as he began to head up the steps of the choir.

In the center lay a sculpture and within the sculpture was a sword.

“That’s it the Holy Spatia,” said Dennis.
Leo quickly ascended up the steps and grabbed the sword and began to initiate a cross.
“Will you stop that,” said Dennis in objection, “We got what we came for lets go.”
“Wait, before we go let me take the spoils.”
“That’s the spirit.”

With that both brothers fled from the cathedral with the Holy Spatia in their arms into the storm of the night.



© 2008 Pakino


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Author's Note

Pakino
grammar issues, wiritng not the best in this one but I think in the second chapter it improves.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting, looking forward to seeing what happens next. Windy

Posted 15 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pj
I like this! It is exciting and very different from what I'd usually read!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

212 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 19, 2008
Last Updated on April 19, 2008


Author

Pakino
Pakino

Toronto



About
Student at Ryerson University. Martial Artist (Kendo) Guitarist Gamer (RPG w00t) Anime And pure randomness more..

Writing
Beast Within Beast Within

A Poem by Pakino


Death Death

A Poem by Pakino



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Iaido Iaido

A Poem by Pakino