Chapter 11- Confusion - DUCHEY

Chapter 11- Confusion - DUCHEY

A Chapter by Pakino

 

Chapter 11: Confusion – DUCHEY

 

“Dennis! What ails your soul?” Leo thought as he lay on the bed looking at the wooden ceiling above.

“Dennis,” Isabelle said as she entered the room, “Be strong.”

Leo turned his head towards Isabelle and said, “How can my soul be at peace, if my brother lives. It is not right? Why would he raise arms to his honor.”

“I am no better at riddles Dennis, but please have faith in your brother,” Isabelle pleaded towards Leo.

“My mind wavers too many these days.”

With the escape of Leo and Arcturis the slums, the home of the Duchey for decades was burnt to a crisp. Only a few of Leo’s trusted retainers followed along, the rest fought bravely in battle to allow their Lord, which they cared more then their mother, to escape. The lost souls still haunted Leo, but the confusion of Dennis lingered in his mind.

Leo, along with his men, retreated to the countryside and took refuge with the farmers which paid secret allegiance to the Duchey.

After a few moments of silence Leo stood up and left the room and headed outdoors for fresh air with Isabelle. The two walked in silence around the barn and watched their fellow men rest in peace and help the farmers with their daily chores. 

Watching the happy faces of his men Leo began to wonder if he soul forget the entire affair and live the live as a farmer for the rest of his life. However, when Leo set his eyes on the Holy Spathia his mind returned to normal.

Leo soon noticed Marcie amongst the men carrying her child in her hands. Leo walked towards her and said, “Marcie I hope your health is good?”

“Ay, Leo I pray yours as well,” Marcie replied with a smile, “Such tragedy has befallen us.”

Marcie immediately fell silent and began to shed tears Leo gestured Isabelle to Marcie’s aid. Isabelle placed her hand on Marcie and carried her inside leaving Leo alone in the open field.

The sudden loss of Dennis still haunted Marcie soul. Whenever she came towards Leo and began to speak her emotions began to quell forward and tears would spurn forth. With the sudden surprise of Dennis, Leo decided it would be best to keep it within him and Isabelle for the time being. In his heart Marcie was a sister to him and it hurt him inside whenever Marcie began to cry.

 As the son of Grimwell, Leo always stood with a straight face. Not because he was angry, however his Father held high expectations for him and he dared not to show any weakness. This created the weakness in Leo, for Leo was never open to anyone except Dennis and Isabelle. Thus, at times Leo would shut himself in a room and think and meditate. The sudden appearance of Dennis hurt Leo extremely more since Dennis was his brother and was his blood.

“The young Lord sits hither.”

Leo looked behind and noticed Arcturis standing behind him, “Ay, Arcturis what is it that you desire?”

Arcturis looked puzzled and answered, “I desire? Or is it what you desire?”

“Spit your words Theoden!” Leo said angrily.

“Peace! If you wish to save your brother and bring his mind to time, we should head Julianus.”

“What purpose holds there?”

“Your dear brother was in arms with Angus an assassin of my blood. He is in league with Ana and so is your brother.”

Leo remained silent at Arcturis words and stared out as he spoke.

“Young Lord,” Arcturis continued, “You wish your brothers safety I wish the death of Ana. Both of us shall break in and assassinate Ana and capture your brother and bring him to terms here.”

Leo closed his eyes. The words that Arcturis spoke were true. But the mission Arcturis proposed was reckless. One mistake would break the Duchey forever.

On a fine day Leo stood up and with a firm resolution said, “Let us prepare arms!”



© 2008 Pakino


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
Added on July 10, 2008


Author

Pakino
Pakino

Toronto



About
Student at Ryerson University. Martial Artist (Kendo) Guitarist Gamer (RPG w00t) Anime And pure randomness more..

Writing
Beast Within Beast Within

A Poem by Pakino


Death Death

A Poem by Pakino