Chapter 5: Assassination- DUCHEY

Chapter 5: Assassination- DUCHEY

A Chapter by Pakino
"

Duchey plan to kill the Grand Marshall. A bit slow this chapter but the next will be fast paced.

"

 

“Another lost soul?” Inquired a thief as he asked his partner.

“Ay, I hear from our Lord that the Grand Marshall has been quick to our men.”

“Blasphemy, what do the noble think of themselves. Will they gain honor? Nay! None whatsoever,” said the thief as he spat at the words of the Grand Marshall.

“Young men, calm,” said Leo as he walked past the archway into where the two thieves sat.

 

“Young Lord,” both thieves quickly said in unison, “our Lord waits you”

“Indeed, the hour ‘as come. Dennis let us make haste,” Leo said as he gestured Dennis to move forward.

 

Leo approached the door where the two thieves stood and opened it revealing the small study room. In which his father sat at a table reading a book.

 

“My son, hither,” Grimwell said as he still focused on his book. As his sons took their seat Grimwell placed the book on the table and said, “You understand the reason for your summon. I shall speak with haste. The Grand Marshall recently has become a bitter rival to us and has sent some of our men to their mortal graves. From our eyes I know that he weds in the weeks to come. I would like you two to cut his throat.”

 

“Father,” said Dennis weakly.

“Ay Dennis?”

“Son I shall have a son my father, please will you send Xtrio in my steed.”

“Xtrio is haughty with rage, not a fitting man for the job. After this you have my word for no assignments till the new season.”

Dennis remained calm at Grimwell’s request, however inside a sense of fear and anxiety pursued him. Not only for his wife and son, however as a child Dennis always feared death. With each misson death was not far behind.

 

“Ay….My Lord.”

“Well! Prepare oneself in the mission,” Grimwell picked up his book and continued to read as if nothing happened in the few moments.

 

Dennis and Leo gave a slight bow and headed out of the door. As they passed several feet away Leo said, “Dennis. Do not burden your soul.”

Dennis,”Ay Brother, but I still only wish for the best.”

“So does our Father”

“Ay, but Marcie…..” Dennis soon was lost in his thoughts.

Leo smiled at Dennis and gave him a nudge,”If anything happens, do not worry I shall take care of your kin.”

Dennis nodded, “Must you say, I have my flesh.”

Leo began to laugh and said, “Take leave without me, I must visit Isabelle.”

Dennis nodded and continued to walk forward towards the market. Leo soon took a left deep within the slums and quickly went towards Isabelle’s home.

 

“Young Lord, back so soon,” came the old women’s voice.

“Yes, is My Lady in?”

“Up the stairs,” the old lady said as she pointed top the stairs.

 

Leo quickly ascended the steps and proceeded straight towards Isabelle’s quarters. Isabelle was not to be seen. Leo decided to wonder around and examine her room. It was strange for him, since he was never alone in Isabelle’s room. It was his first chance to look around without him being distracted. Leo’s eyes quickly lay a spell over him as he began to notice a brown leather book on the bed. As he began to approach it a voice appeared halting him.

 

“Leo! Your eyes will plague me,” she said as she walked in front of him and grabbed hold of the book.

“A minor eyesight is all I ask.”

“Do you not know a women’s book is her pride, as a man’s sword is his honor? If you are truly my husband to be would you eavesdrop on your love”

Leo felt dumbfounded. Not only was he caught reading Isabelle’s journal, however he was also being lectured on the virtue of pride and honor.

“Forgive thee.”

“You are not so easily forgiven,” said Isabelle sarcastically pointing a finger at Leo, “You will now have to go the market with me.”

“Lively as ever,” said Leo with a smile, “Shall we go.”

 

As they walked out of the house and towards the market Leo said, “I shall inform my father in a months time of our wedding.”

“Is something the matter?”

“I have another mission, however Dennis is afraid for his wife.”

“Such a darling,” said Isabelle, “You are his brother will you not aid him?”

“Ay I will,” Leo said quickly.

“Then do not fret. You are a dear brother and nothing will separate your bond with him. Do not fall in confusion or else you have already lost.”

Leo let out a grin, “Lecture me on my own philosophy? Haha…what a sharp mind.”

Isabelle placed her head on Leo’s shoulder and said, “Old man, it seems you are the one who is confused.”



© 2008 Pakino


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
Added on April 28, 2008


Author

Pakino
Pakino

Toronto



About
Student at Ryerson University. Martial Artist (Kendo) Guitarist Gamer (RPG w00t) Anime And pure randomness more..

Writing
Beast Within Beast Within

A Poem by Pakino


Death Death

A Poem by Pakino