Chapter 13: Duchey Brothers II � DUCHEY

Chapter 13: Duchey Brothers II � DUCHEY

A Chapter by Pakino
"

LAST CHAPTER

"

 

 

Chapter 13: Duchey Brothers II – DUCHEY

 

            The mansion of Julianus stood still at night, Leo stared at the empty windows and at the windows for any sign of life. However the eerie stillness of the mansion made Leo shudder.

            “May the virgin bless us on our call of duty,” Leo whispered and began to signal the cross.

            “Amen!” Came Arcturus loud voice behind Leo, “Let us be off, the night is in our favor.”

            Both men placed their hood on and raced through the grass towards the mansion. Leo noticed an open window and signaled Arcturis to head towards the window. Both men crouched low beside the window as the wounds of footsteps reached their ears.

            “Lord Adonis has summoned the forces. What ails her Ladyship?” Came the voice of one man.

            “I hear Lord Angus will lead us to the royal palace to overthrow the nobility,” came the reply of the other.

            “Such a daring feat, let us be off before we are sentenced….”

            The conversation soon ended as Leo and Arcturis grabbed hold of the men and slammed them on the grass. Placing a blade on their throat Leo said, “Theoden speak before your blood does!”

            “I..I speak the truth, no err..rrr in my words. Her Ladyship plans on a siege on the royal palace….please spare my soul..”

            It was too late as the blade of Leo slit of the throat of the man leaving his corpse lifeless. Arcturis let out a laugh as he plunged his dagger into his victim without hesitation.

            “Leo,” Arcturis said suddenly serious, “let us depart ways, I shall head one you the other,” Arcturis said as he pointed to the corridor passage, ”upon danger let fly the gunpowder I gave you.”

            Leo placed his hand on the bomb at was given to him earlier and nodded. Without any hesitation Arcturis jumped into the mansion and ran though the corridor. Leo watched as Arcturis silhouette disappeared into the darkness. From here Leo was alone and there was no turning back. Grabbing out his dagger Leo ran through the dark shadows.

            Leaping through the cracks of shadows, Leo moved magically in the corridor. His stealth was superb and left little or no trace of his movements. Not far from where Leo traveled there was an open door. Leo decided to investigate and jumped into the room removing his stealth. However the room was empty, only the drapes swung across a unkempt bed from the night wind. Leo looked around and realizing no one was around began to move back into the corridor however something caught his feet. Leo looked down and noticed that the wooden floor was stained in blood.

            The blood clung to Leo’s shoe. Quickly he moved away from the blood and noticed the source of the blood appeared from beneath the bed. Looking below the bed he noticed the corpse of Julianus.

            “What is this? Julianus slaughtered?” Leo said to himself.

            Leo touched the wound on Julianus throat and noticed that the wound was wet and that the maggots and insects haven’t infested the corpse. Leo stood up and looked around for any other clues, however his thought was soon interrupted by footsteps. Quickly he hid in a dark corner of the room and bent low. To his surprise a maid ran into the room her face full of perspiration. Her eyes panicked as she looked around frantically. She quickly ran towards the windowsill and began to make an effort to escape. However a thief ran into the room and said in a violent tone, “You dog! I shall cut your throat!”

            At those words Leo leaped forward and caught the thief from surprise and slit in throat with one movement. The maid looked surprised at her savoir and began to quiver beside the wall.

Leo approached her and said, “ Speak truthfully, and you may pass with no harm. I am no foe.”

“I must make haste to the king, the men have assembled in the courtyard and are preparing to assault the palace,” the maid said excitedly.

“Go! Protect thy Kingdom,”  Leo responded and ran out through the door leaving the maid behind her.

Leo decided that to find Dennis he would be in the courtyard with the other thieves. Leo placed his blood stained dagger in the sheath and placed his hand on the Holy Spatia and extended it towards the heaven.

“Holy Mother, fill my dear Brother’s heart with Light,” Leo whispered.

Leo soon ran outside into the courtyard. The still trees and serene sounds mystified Leo for a moment, as he lost his sense of place for a moment.  The room was empty not a sound was heard but the rustle of the leaves.

“Odd, is this not the courtyard,” Leo said to himself.

At the corner of his eyes a torch was light followed by another and another. Soon the entire courtyard was lit with torches. Leo raised his sword and began to look around and noticed he was trapped surrounded by thieves. As the last torch lit Ana walked forward into the courtyard and said, “Leonard Duchey. Alas we confront our ego’s.”

“Witch, where is Dennis?” Leo shouted in anger failing his sword as his hood fell back.

“Adonis? You seek him I believe. He stand before you,” Ana pointed behind Leo where Adonis stood wielding a long sword. 

Leo turned around and jumped back and shouted, “Dennis! Have you forgotten your honor!”

“My life lies with Ana,” Adonis said as he raised his long sword.

“This shall be a spectacle,” Ana said as she walked up the steps leaving Leo alone with Adonis.

“Have you forgotten Marcie! Have you forgotten your child!” Leo shouted at Adonis.

“Your words are poison!”

At that moment the blades clashed as Leo and Adonis began to exchange sword. Leo began to attack Adonis with his might, while Adonis remained calm and tried to press the advantage.  However, both men were skilled and none were showing any openings.

“Our Father’s dream, ended with that witch now you aid her, have you gone mad!”

“My name is Adonis, Duchey! I have no past with you nor shall I ever,” Adonis replied. At that moment Leo’s concentration wavered as he became shocked by Adonis words.  Seizing the moment, Adonis resumed his attack and slashed Leo’s upper chest and followed by a kick sending Leo to skid across the dirt.

Leo began to cough out blood and began to hold onto his sword, however the blow affected Leo’s nervous system  loosening his grip. Adonis slowly walked towards the helpless Leo and picked up his body and lifted it up.

Leo slowly raised his head at Adonis and smiled saying,” May the virgin bless us on our call of duty.”

Adonis eyes opened at Leo’s words causing him to drop Leo’s lifeless body. Bending on his knees Adonis placed his hand on his head and began to rattle it as if trying to take out some dirt.

“How I have erred,” Adonis said, “I am the son of Grimwell Duchey my name Dennis Duchey. With my past intact I shall seek revenge on the one’s whom hand’s has stained our honor.”

Picking up the Holy Spatia Dennis stared at Ana who stared at Dennis in a panicked state. Before she could even utter a word Angus stepped forward amongst the group and said, “I shall be your opponent.”

Dennis turned his body towards Angus and prepared to strike when all of a sudden a large explosion occurred. The explosion caused some of the thives to be fatality wounded while a few still left the explosion without scratches. Dennis quickly went towards Leo and grabbed hold of him and used the confusion to his advantage.

“Brother it is good to be you back,” said Leo as Dennis helped him out to his feet.

“Save your words. Let us be gone,” Dennis said quickly.

To Leo and Dennis surprise a large group of thieves wearing the emblem of the Duchey ran into the courtyard and began to take arms in the Theoden. The group of men quickly spotted Dennis and Leo together and let out a war cry of triumph and began to strike with more fierceness. Using their men as cover the brothers began to escape, with Leo using Dennis as support.

Ana began to scream furiously at her men as her anger began to appear on her face. Her beauty and charm that existed upon her face now resembled that of a demon trying desperately to cling to life. However, the morale of the Theoden had wilted as the forces of the Duchey began to overpower the Theoden. Noticing defeat Ana turned around and began to flee the battle ground before her head is taken.

 Running through the hall and into the bedroom where she had Julianus, Ana decided to escape through the windowsill. However a rough hand grabbed her and tossed her fragile body against the back of the room. And quickly recovered from the fall and grabbed out a dagger from her gown and shouted, “Show thy self!”

From the shadows the figure of Arcturus appeared standing before Ana. For a moment, Arcturus began to pity Ana, as the sight of her sweat and tremble resembled a mad women asking for loose change. However, the pity for Ana was short and Arcturus began to approach Ana and finish what he came here to do.

Ana out of defense began to swung the dagger hysterically in an attempt to block Arcturus from advancing. Arcturus simply ignored Ana’s attack and grabbed hold of her hand and disarmed her. Grabbing her firmly in his hands he said in serious tone, “Why did Father choose thee instead of I? What was it that I lacked and you didn’t? Tell me sister what made you heir of the Theoden. Was it your malice and grace? Or your twisted lies? Why my sister did you do this,” as Arcturus spoke tears began to swell from his eyes and began to drip on the wooden floor.

Ana remained silent for a moment at Arcturus plea and said, “It is because of your tears that Father didn’t choose you.”

Arcturus could not hold is desire any longer. Without thinking, without caring Arcturus grasped Ana’s throat and began to strangle her. Tears fell from his eyes , his head bowed. Ana simply stood still calm and composed. Inside she knew that this moment was to arrive. As Ana’s eyes slowly closed she wondered if she only trusted her brother that things wouldn’t end this way, but it was too late.

Arcturus let go of his hold and Ana’s body fell like a rag doll on the ground. Beside her lay the dagger in which Ana tried to defend herself from Arcturus. Grabbing hold of the dagger Arcturus said out loud, “Fate is cruel!” With those words Arcturus plunged the dagger into this chest and fell on top of Ana. With his duty fulfilled Arcturus left the world allowing the sweet river of the Theoden’s to run dry.

An explosion was sounded in the room nearby, among the rubble amerged Angus who desperately began to flee for his life. Running through the corridor and into the room where the dead brother and sister lay, Angus stood in shock at the sight of his beloved Ana dead alongside Arcturus. A shout was heard not far and Angus had little time to morn for the loss of his love.

“For the house has fallen, and so has my esteem. I must fly for my blood must boil another day.”

With that Angus escaped through the windows into the field forever abandoning his loyalty to the Theoden.

Meanwhile as the battle began to pacify Leo and Dennis soon made their way to the main entrance of the mansion.

“My Lord, the battle is in our favor! Rejoice for the House of Duchey have gained honor,” said a scout to Leo who held onto Dennis shoulder.

Leo simply nodded and said, “Leave the house in shambles and be off.”

No longer had Leo said that the door burst opened and a dozen knights emerged carrying longswords and shields.

“Heathen’s of the Dark! Prepare your self,” shouted the Captain of the Knights.

The small group of thieves that accompanied Leo and Dennis soon engaged the Knights in battle. Their quickness was in their favor but the knights had brute force and were not afraid to use it. Dennis placed Leo on the ground and engaged the knights in battle. Leo however could not stay still and watch his brother fight the armored knights. With all his strength he stood up and grabbed a nearby bow and pack of arrows and began to let his arrow fly. With each pull of the blow the wound on Leo’s chest began to enlarge. Blood trickled on the ground and on the handle as Leo gave his all for the sake of his brother.

Soon Dennis noticed an opening in the formation of the guards. Running towards Leo he quickly picked him up on his shoulder and ran through the fray. The knights were astonished at the sight of Dennis bravery and began to shout at each other. The confusion amongst the ranks allowed the remaining thieves to plunge their rusty daggers into the neck. The diversion worked in favor of Dennis and Leo, allowing them to escape while their loyal retainers fought bravely against the remaining knights.

As Dennis ran through the fields he looked back and noticed four knights were on his trail. Running into the forest in which Dennis once fought the group of Theoden’s he dropped Leo on the ground and wiped of the blood from his mouth and stared back at his adversaries. The four knights dropped their shields and readied their longswords for a taste of blood. Dennis calmly grabbed hold of the Holy Spatia and said, “

“May the virgin bless us on our call of duty,” running into the fray Dennis clashed swords with the knights.

 

 



© 2008 Pakino


Author's Note

Pakino
Grammer will be messed up on this one. Considering I didnt edit this at all lol. ENJOY!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

213 Views
Added on August 3, 2008


Author

Pakino
Pakino

Toronto



About
Student at Ryerson University. Martial Artist (Kendo) Guitarist Gamer (RPG w00t) Anime And pure randomness more..

Writing
Beast Within Beast Within

A Poem by Pakino


Death Death

A Poem by Pakino