Epilogue

Epilogue

A Chapter by Pakino

 

“The night is so full! The moon is in splendor!” The man said as he drank his glass of liquor.

“Old man it seems you are full of tales tonight,” the young man responded joyfully at the words of the older man.

The old man looked at the bartender and said, “Another one for the lad and I.”

“Right away,” the bartender said as he turned his back to prepare a glass of whisky.

“Your tales fascinate me, you talk about the Age of Thieves as if you yourself played a role,” said the young man.

“Har, only a fool would believe the words of a old man as I,” the old man said as he quickly drank the whisky in one shot, “Ah it seems my eyes elude me.” The old man placed some silver on the table and began to head outside. The younger man did the same however left his glass on the table and followed the older man outside.

“Ah is that you lad,” said the older man.

“Ay, do you have a moment for I must show you something.”

The man looked at the youth in suspicion however after having a few drinks with him the man placed his arm around him and said, “I sense you have some beautiful maidens at your place waiting to place your arms around you.”

The man laughed and said, “Nay, I must show you something even greater in value.”

“What is this a women’s love is less then what you show me? Right, Right let us be off.”

Both men walked in silence for a few seconds and soon the young man turned into an ally. Grabbing hold of the old man he threw him onto the ground.

“You fool,” I old man said as he grabbed his sword. However from within the shadows two figures emerged and quickly plunged daggers into the man’s chest.

“Good work, Grimwell you pick the family trade well,” came the voice of one the assassins.

“Father it was your plan that led the heathen to his demise,” said Grimwell.

Both assassin’s removed their hood and cape revealing typical peasant attire, Dennis and Leo smiled as they covered the body with their clothes.

“Angus, how your death has purged the land of demons like yourself,”  said Leo.

“That should be the last of them. Strange is it not, once the lover of Ana and now the King’s advisor. Spilling secrets of both houses like a donkey eating its meal,” Dennis said.

“Thus, it shows that people change as the times,” replied Leo.

“Grimwell let us be off for the night is here to stay,” said Dennis as he lightly nudged him.

“Ay, my Father.”

As the house of Duchey regained their lost honor and purged the land of any trace of Theoden, change occurred in the land of England. The Age of Thieves ended at that night 18 years past. The nobility had gained power once more on England and the thieves that once held power lay underground. Leo and Dennis stared at the stars, which resembled that very night they retrieved the Holy Spatia and wondered where their destiny would take them. 

“Brother, let us go home,” said Leo.

“Ay, your words resemble mine,” said Dennis.

 

Thus is the story of the Age of Theives.



© 2008 Pakino


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
Added on August 3, 2008
Last Updated on August 7, 2008


Author

Pakino
Pakino

Toronto



About
Student at Ryerson University. Martial Artist (Kendo) Guitarist Gamer (RPG w00t) Anime And pure randomness more..

Writing
Beast Within Beast Within

A Poem by Pakino


Death Death

A Poem by Pakino