Chapter 10: Surprise - THEODEN

Chapter 10: Surprise - THEODEN

A Chapter by Pakino

 

Chapter 10: Surprise

 

            “Sir Angus, preparations are ready!” Adonis announced as he knelt to the ground before Angus.

            “Stand up! Do not lower your guard to anyone at all,” Angus replied back.

            “Forgive me,” Adonis replied as he stood up facing Angus straight in the eye.

            “Grab your sword and move with the forces, tonight shall be the death of the Duchey,” Angus said with stern a face.           

It has been three months since Dennis, who was founded by the Theoden and given the name Adonis. With the trump card in Ana’s corner, Ana began to make preparations for an attack on the Duchey stronghold in the slums. With their morale decreased and loss of man power Ana secretly dreamed of the destruction of the Duchey.

            Within three months Julianus had risen surprisingly as page for the royal family securing an influential role. The name and fame spread quickly in the courts as Julianus was famous for saying, “Death to the heathen of the dark.” The royal family recognized Julianus brilliance and began to ask him of his advice on matters of political importance.

Julianus support also increased, by the nobles and court magistrates that attended his wedding. Many sympathized him for the tragic events and began to aid him in his campaign to get rid of the thieves once and for all.

            Ana was aware of the events that surrounded Julianus and marked his success as a sign for the Theodens to attack. A month prior to the scheduled attack Ana appeared before Julianus and said, “My Lord, the time is ripe to strike!”

            Seduced by the lovely words and appearance of Ana, Julianus agreed to strike the slums. Julianus persuaded the King to assault the Duchey territory and gathered a force of 100 men to attack the stronghold. Within the forces were Adonis and Angus. Equipped with knightly armor they marched alongside the other troops carrying torches in the dark of the night.

            “Men! The heathens are ahead! Glory to the King!” Shouted the general loudly raising the spirits of the troops.

            In great harmony the troops raised their swords and began to chant war cries as they edged forward.

            Suddenly a torrent arrows flew through the air striking the knights. In response the knights grabbed their shields and formed a barrier blocking all the arrows in sight. The general quickly motioned his hand and instantly a sharp cry of a horse was heard as the remaining cavalry was sent forward to ambush the archers.

            The slaughter was quick and not every man had a chance at the action. Some ran around frantically looking for an enemy head. However, the men hunted down were only 20 in number and not the bulk of the Duchey force.

            “Adonis, head with haste the enemy is hidden in the shadows,” Angus said as he fled from the group and began to run through the crooked streets of the slums.

            Angus quickly grabbed hold of his helm and tossed it on the ground and threw away his shield.

            “Bloody steel! Nobles and their bulky iron,” Angus said as he began to let a slight laugh.

            Adonis looked back and began to notice ashes and a string of flame dancing in the air.

            “Fire! The torches are lit!”

            “Quick with haste, nobles have no patience!” Angus replied as he began to quicken his pace forward.

            Instantly, from the shadows a figure emerged. Angus and Adonis stopped suddenly as they watched with silence the figure emerge hooded concealing his identity. The man slowly extended his sword and said, “Noble! Die with Grace!”

            Instantly, the man lowered the blade at Angus. Angus blocked the incoming attack. Adonis fled into the skirmish, however his path was soon blocked by another person.

            “My my, Angus! Another fool for the house!”

            “Arcturis!” Angus stopped suddenly as he stared at the man before him.

            Arcturis removed his hood and continued to exchange blow at Angus.

            Adonis looked at the man before him who stood silently staring at him in silence. The man raised his sword and charged at Adonis. Blade met blade as the skirmish began to escalate.

            Soon Angus was pushed back by Arcturis force. Noticing his captain fall Adonis pushed through his opponent and began to exchange blows with Arcturis. Arcturis was skilled in the art of fencing and noticing the rage in Adonis he quickly knocked him aside. Adonis fell on the ground loosing his helm in the shuffle. Adonis black hair flowed as he quickly rushed to his feet.

            The other man dropped his sword as he said, ”Dennis!” Removing his hood Leo began to approach Dennis. His hands began to rise as if possessed. Angus quickly got up and stabbed Leo in the leg making him fall on his knees. Angus picked up his sword as he prepared to strike the final blow on Leo.

            Arcturis, quickly threw his sword in his hand landing it in his shoulder. Angus fell back as blood began to rush out through the chain mail. Adonis quickly ran towards Angus aid and used his sword to protect Adonis from harm.

            “Over here! The vermin are still alive!”

            Reinforcements began to arrive as Leo stood up bearing the pain in his leg.

            “Duchey!” Shouted Arcturis as he motioned Leo to flee.

            Leo grabbed the Holy Spatia and reluctantly left. Tears were found on Leo’s eyes at the sight of his brother. In that day alone the most bloody and deadly fires of England occurred wiping the entire slums away and killing any remaining thieves.

            Back at home Julianus sat outside viewing the fires of the slums, a soft smile on his face as he placed his hand on Ana.

            “My Love you serve me well,” Said Julianus as he slipped his wine.

            Ana came forward towards Julianus and slowly began to remove her gown as a sudden ecstasy plagued her. Her dark heart awakened Ana began to enjoy every moment with her slave puppet. 

           

           

 

      



© 2008 Pakino


Author's Note

Pakino
hope you like the little twist in the book.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
Added on July 2, 2008


Author

Pakino
Pakino

Toronto



About
Student at Ryerson University. Martial Artist (Kendo) Guitarist Gamer (RPG w00t) Anime And pure randomness more..

Writing
Beast Within Beast Within

A Poem by Pakino


Death Death

A Poem by Pakino