Chapter 3: Family- DUCHEY

Chapter 3: Family- DUCHEY

A Chapter by Pakino

In the slums of London the Duchey have established a strong support. The broken houses work as a camouflage in determining the Duchey hideout. After their tiresome work both Leo and Dennis settle in a nearby house.

“Our Lord, seeks us brother.”
“Ay” replies Leo to Dennis.

Leo slowly begins to stretch and says, “Tiresome, my body is like wood.”

“Parting, young Lords,” came a voice.

Leo and Dennis turn around and notice an old lady carrying a basket staring at them.

“Ay, Mother time hastens and so do we,” replies Leo to the old Lady.

“Isabelle has parted from the house to the market. I shall inform her of your leave.”

Leo smiles at the old lady and says, “I thank thee.”

With that they both left placing their hood over their heads concealing their identity.

“Such sweet sorrow to have Isabelle not part with us,” Leo said.
“Your love?” Inquired Dennis.
“Ay, we are destined to wed.”

Dennis remained silent for a few seconds at then spoke, “Marcie and I expect an offspring.”

Leo stopped and looked at Dennis and inquired, “Are you truthfull?”

Dennis smiled and said, “Ay, word was given two nights. I wanted to inform thee after the assignment.”

Leo without warning embraced Dennis giving him a hug, “May the Holy Father bless thy child.”

“You have my thanks.”
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Inside the Duchey stronghold sat Grimwell Duchey. As word reached him that his sons have arrived his boredom left him and he stood up staring at the large wooden doors.
Within moments both Dennis and Leo walked in and bowed to Grimwell and gave a nod to the thieves that sat around

“My sons, come hither.”
“Father! Pardon our Lord,” Dennis said quickly correcting himself.
“No fear, in my presence no formalities… where is thy treasure?”

Leo stepped forward and removed a cover revealing the Holy Spatia. Rays of light began to strike the sword displaying the beautiful scabbard and hilt. Leo passed the sword to Grimwell who quickly examined the sword and unsheathed it to make sure it was blood ready.

Grimwell let out a grin and said, “Job well done, tonight we feast on honor and to my new awaited kin.”

“How were you informed?” Asked Dennis.

Grimwell let out a laugh and said, “Have thou not realized the presence of your love.”

Dennis began to scan the room and noticed that near the wall stood Marcie. Her long black hair floated softly. Tears fell from her eyes as she ran towards Dennis embracing his arms. Dennis placed his hand over her head as he slowly whispered in her ears, “Forgive me for any worries.”

Leo stood there smiling at the scene between the two lovers. It reminded him of Isabelle and how he would soon propose to her. But for now Leo couldn’t be any happier for his brother.

“Hither, let make haste for tonight we celebrate,” shouted Grimwell raising the sword into the air followed by a cheer from the thieves.



© 2008 Pakino


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
Added on April 19, 2008
Last Updated on April 19, 2008


Author

Pakino
Pakino

Toronto



About
Student at Ryerson University. Martial Artist (Kendo) Guitarist Gamer (RPG w00t) Anime And pure randomness more..

Writing
Beast Within Beast Within

A Poem by Pakino


Death Death

A Poem by Pakino