Night Time,

Night Time,

A Chapter by Jasmine S. Edwards
"

city lights shine to glorify the tainted

"

The next day, they are called on their first mission together. Investigation of the top crime syndicates that deal Crystals and have control over their distribution. They have been making their way through the streets and ordinary citizens are getting their hands on this highly addictive drug. Just recently, the syndicates have figured out a way to separate Crystal into three categories; parasite, enhancer and regulator. People inject themselves to get the enhancer effect while use special bullets to kill others with the parasitic effect. Many of the syndicates have the parasitic and enhancer ones in their possession but only one crime syndicate has possession of the regulator crystals.


  The Red Snake Syndicate has all the regulator crystals in their possession and its leader is the only person who is allowed to distribute. Seymour was the leader of The Blue Dragon Syndicate whose mission was to obtain those crystals at any cost.




  Kenjin runs into an old comrade and half-sister, Edward who is still working for the Blue Dragon Syndicate. She says that they are in disarray after Seymour’s murder and Kenjin’s unwillingness to take over. Kenjin informs her that he is working on the other side of the law now. Loyal to him, she tells him that “Master Snake” and “Master Dragon”-temporary leader- are going to make a deal tonight at the Black Crow Club. For now they wait at a bar.




  Carmyne informs Kenjin about crystals. Her father, Ralph Cameron Osman was the creator of them. They are a drug that’s a biological weapon as it is an untraceable parasite and enhancer. The crystals can infect the brain of the host and either kill them by eating away nerve tissue or enhance the host by excelling hormone secretion and nerve impulses causing the cells in your body to work over-time. This parasite has no known weakness and doesn’t take long to infect. A person can become infected by contact of bodily fluids but it doesn’t travel through the air. The person becomes obsessed and so strong that you would have to kill that person 20 times before they die.



  A man overhears their conversation. He was in the war too but he was

from a rival syndicate. The man tells them that Carmyne’s father started the war under instruction of the red snake and blue dragon crime syndicates to test their follower’s strength against the pathogen. The Gongoran people were just test subject for the pathogenic effect of crystal while the soldiers were the test subjects for its enhancer effects. Other syndicated placed some of their members among the soldiers as spies which is why most that went to war with any suspicion were imprisoned or murdered after the war ended. He was a lucky one and made it out of the war and post-war trials. Kenjin, Carmyne, Apollo and Edward head to the club in disguise.


Sequence: "Night Time"- The Xx

The Blue Dragon Syndicate headquarters is Asian-inspired. Their main meeting room has statues of dragons and lions, bamboo, water features and a table with a blue-silk tablecloth and giant silk pillows. A limo arrives and out steps Seymour with a collection of Crystal. His right-hand man gives him a memo with a red snake seal. The Red Snake Syndicate headquarters is Indian-inspired. Its leader has a pet elephant. The Black Panther Syndicate headquarters is African/Brazilian-inspired. Black, brown and green dominate the color scheme. The White Wolf Syndicate headquarters is Native American inspired. Animal fur, beads and shells decorate the rooms. The City is distinctly divided into four districts as indicated by building colors and the lights they show off at night.




© 2014 Jasmine S. Edwards


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

326 Views
Added on March 24, 2014
Last Updated on March 24, 2014


Author

Jasmine S. Edwards
Jasmine S. Edwards

Rochester, NY



About
College student who loves to write in my free time :) Always looking for inspiration and a good story to read. I write what comes to my mind or my takes on stories unfinished. My smart phone, a pen a.. more..

Writing