Fancy Clown,

Fancy Clown,

A Chapter by Jasmine S. Edwards
"

you wear a mask to hide your dark ambitions

"

Kenjin was an assassin for many years and worked with Lamar and Seymour in Spike’s gang until Seymour went to war for a crime syndicate and Lamar joined the navy.  Kenjin met Stella who also worked for the syndicate that took over his father’s gang. They would meet up at the same club every night after work. She was always tinkering with gadgets and gizmos while enjoying the music. Kenjin was impressed how good she was with her hands. Kenjin picks a fight just to show off his martial artist skills but she’s not impressed saying she could take him out in 10 second flat. He accepts the challenge and she does. Feeling defeated they take night walk back to her place. On the way they see some young men break dancing and Kenjin jumps in to show them how its done only to be defeated once again by a krumper. Still unimpressed they make it back to her apartment but she invited him to stay the night. They enter a “friends with benefits” type of relationship at first. 



   Eventually he learned that she was Seymour’s fiancé. Stella believed that he wouldn’t come back from the war from all the rumors she’s heard, but Kenjin reassures her that he will return.  She didn’t want him to come back and she didn’t want to be here if he returned. Stella reveals that she doesn’t love him and the only reason he loves her is because they would be the perfect power couple. She didn’t want to be part of this life anymore. Kenjin has been feeling the same way recently; he believes his father died to give him the option of staying or leaving this life. Stella tells him that she loves him and he admits that he is in love with her too.

  They decide to run away together. Running through the Callisto forest the hide, but they know they will have to face Seymour’s wrath if he comes back. Kenjin thinks about going to Gongora  to confirm his whereabouts. The war has been going on for almost 3 years now. Stella tells him that its better if they don’t know but he insists that he should tell him about their relationship and they still have to duel it out. Heading towards Gongora they hear that the war is over but many are being imprisoned for the suspicion of being a spy. They turn around and head back to the city expecting Seymour to be waiting for them.

  When Seymour returns  to find out that Kenjin ran away with Stella, he severs his past relationship with Stella and his past friendship with Kenjin and sends assassins on them. Now, with no hope now to settle things with a duel, the two are on the run. Stella wants Kenjin to kill Seymour so they can be free but what he doesn’t know is that she wants to take over the syndicate and plans to kill Kenjin when Seymour’s out the way; she believes that neither of them deserve to lead the syndicate since both are not the biological children of Spike or Vicious. The two split up to evade the assassins. Years of evasion leads to the assassination of Stella and Kenjin’s revenge by killing Seymour.



  Carmyne reveals that she had to kill Stella and that Seymour had to kill Kenjin in order for her to get her children back. Kenjin is furious with Carmyne about her waiting so long to tell him something as important as that. Since her death he swore he would kill both Seymour and the assassin. Enraged, Kenjin abandons her, Lorelei and Apollo.


Sequence: "Fancy Clown"- Madvillain

Seymour meets Stella at the park when they are kids. They walk through the city at night and both can't stop smiling. They share their first kiss while sitting on a fountain's edge. Seymour proposes to Stella when they are young adults and she accepts. One night, she hears a conversation between Ralph and Vicious about Seymour true ancestry. Seymour kisses Stella farewell as he heads off to war. She takes her ring off and picks up a picture of her father and his brother, Vicious. She makes a target list: Seymour and Kenjin. She sleeps with Kenjin. As they runaway from assassins, they are split up. She stomps on a picture of her and Kenjin and Seymour's rings, crushing them far into the dirt.





© 2014 Jasmine S. Edwards


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

417 Views
Added on March 25, 2014
Last Updated on March 25, 2014


Author

Jasmine S. Edwards
Jasmine S. Edwards

Rochester, NY



About
College student who loves to write in my free time :) Always looking for inspiration and a good story to read. I write what comes to my mind or my takes on stories unfinished. My smart phone, a pen a.. more..

Writing