Yesterday,

Yesterday,

A Chapter by Jasmine S. Edwards
"

those hidden truths are revealed today

"

Waiting for his friend to recover he takes a walk. As he walks he sees another familiar face. He follows the person to the graveyard. The person goes to a tombstone and places a note on it. Kenjin confronts the person mistaking him to be his father. The two talk about their lost loved ones.


  Kenjin tells the man about how his mother abandoned him when he was very young. The man he thought was his father was not his biological father. Kenjin learned about his biological father when his half sister, Edward found him after their father and Kenjin’s father had passed away. He tells him about Stella and her assassination and his revenge on Seymour. He wonders if he had went too far, just for love. The man tells his story, hoping he can find the answer to his own question.


   The man’s son was always sick and the son felt like he was a burden. When his wife died he never left his son’s side. Eventually the son passed on telling his father that he needs to be set free and live his life. After years of solitude, the man reconnected with the world and even found a new love and took in her child. His love left him to deal with demons from her past and he waited for her to return, but she never did. Neither having anyone else in this world to look out for them, they look out for each other.  Even though his new lifestyle was dangerous he’s happy to see that he saved this son.




  Kenjin wakes up in the graveyard, head resting on Stella’s tombstone. On it is a note in Carmyne’s handwriting. It says: "I was set free by an assassin, how fitting. I hope she set you free and you set her free too." Kenjin takes the note and returns to Lamar and his family.


Back to the past, Stella stuck to her word an waited for Carmyne to come to the restaurant. Seymour came with Carmyne to make sure she carried out the kill. Carmyne meets up wit Stella but suggests they go to a bar instead. As they walk down the street, Seymour follows them. Stella feeling his presence begins to run while pulling Carmyne along. They find an abandoned warehouse to hide in. There, Carmyne pulls out her adjustable halberd and pins Stella to the ground. She takes out her gun and points it at her forehead. Stella says that Seymour got to her promising his love if she killed her, kill the woman that betrayed him and wants him dead. Carmyne says that she doesn’t want his love or to kill her but she wants her children back and her death is the only way she can get them back. Stella understands, she knows that this day would come eventually. She asks Carmyne to write a note and to leave it on her tombstone knowing He would find it one day.  As Seymour finds them, she tucks away the note and then shoots Stella. Seymour smiles, kissing Carmyne on the lips and then walks away saying, "He will come."


  Back to the present, a week later Lamar is recovered for the most part. Kenjin takes Lamar to their base. There, he hands Carmyne, Stella’s note. He wrote on it in response saying, yes we did. And now he vows to set her children free.



Sequence: "Yesterday"- Atmosphere

Kenjin passes by Spike, they smoke together and chat about life in the syndicate, love for Stella and Faye, stress from Seymour and setbacks by Vicious. Spike shows Kenjin the scars he got from fighting. Kenjin remembers when he got tangles up in a fishing net when he was younger. The hooks cut him leaving scratches but no scars. Kenjin looks at Spike's grave and a woman walks by. She looks like his mother so he stops the woman and shows her the picture. Kenjin leans against Spike's grave- a shadowy figure watches from behind an angel statue. Kenjin's real father leaves Faye. Faye leaves Kenjin with Spike but leaves behind a picture of herself. Kenjin tares up the picture of his real father when Edward tells Kenjin that he is her brother. Spike confirms that she is correct. At the graveyard, Edwards thinks she sees her father while Kenjin thinks he sees Spike. They place flowers on their fathers' graves, hug each other and leave the cemetery, together.




© 2014 Jasmine S. Edwards


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

304 Views
Added on March 25, 2014
Last Updated on March 25, 2014


Author

Jasmine S. Edwards
Jasmine S. Edwards

Rochester, NY



About
College student who loves to write in my free time :) Always looking for inspiration and a good story to read. I write what comes to my mind or my takes on stories unfinished. My smart phone, a pen a.. more..

Writing