Strong,

Strong,

A Chapter by Jasmine S. Edwards
"

for yourself to protect the ones you love

"

Kenjin hears about underground fights clubs and decides that would be a great way to blow off some frustration. He is reunited with his friend, Lamar. He was able to obtain a prosthetic arm and leg after his wife left him for a rich man with dirty money. His actions eventually caught up with him and she was the only one on his will. He likes to test out his new arm and legs by participating in these underground fight clubs. He also wants to repay his wife for her efforts.



  These are not your ordinary fight clubs, those that fight- fight to the death unless the victor spares your life. It makes him feel alive and stronger than he has ever been. Kenjin and Lamar spar and both are strong in hand to hand combat. At the end of the night Kenjin stays at Lamar’s house and meets his wife again and their newborn daughter, Chanel. He tells Kenjin that tomorrow night will be his last fight since he should be less reckless now that he has a child. Lamar asks about Seymour, his father and he tells him that Seymour and his father are dead. He tells him that he is an investigator now. Lamar suggests that they should team up and Kenjin agrees.



  Meanwhile, Lorelei suggests that Carmyne convinces Kenjin to come back but she does feel guilty and remorse about killing his lover but at the time she did it without hesitation because she was the one who kept Seymour’s heart. She thought that he was done with getting revenge on her, Apollo, Stella and Kenjin but he wasn’t. Carmyne has a good long cry while Apollo and Lorelei comfort her.

  Apollo tells her how he let Stella stay with him after he faked his own death. She was the one who helped him change his identity and watched over him as he went through his estrogen treatments. They both hoped that Kenjin and Carmyne would find them again.



He remembers hearing the phone call Carmyne made to Stella after they crossed paths again and how he never suspected that Carmyne was setting her up, but he did hear distress in her voice. Carmyne explains that Seymour was holding his katana to her throat while another man, Jet had a gun pointing at her forehead. Seymour said he would kill Zane and Kalani in front of her if she refused.



Sequence: "Strong"-Miyavi x Kreva

Tomorrow night comes. For his final fight of the night, a teenage boy wants revenge on Kenjin for killing his father- a well known serial killer. He has to go through Lamar first. Seeing his loyal friend defeated because of his sin, he lets the man get his revenge. Close to death he sees Stella’s face and then Carmyne’s  face and realizes that he doesn’t regret loving and losing Stella and he forgives Carmyne because in the end they were all doing what they needed to do to keep the ones they love alive. He doesn’t want Carmyne’s efforts to go to waste. New found strength he defeats the man but doesn’t kill him. He tells him that he’ll avenge his father’s death but right now he needs to be alive. As he walks out of the fight club, he carries Lamar to his house and calls the ambulance.




© 2014 Jasmine S. Edwards


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

307 Views
Added on March 25, 2014
Last Updated on March 25, 2014


Author

Jasmine S. Edwards
Jasmine S. Edwards

Rochester, NY



About
College student who loves to write in my free time :) Always looking for inspiration and a good story to read. I write what comes to my mind or my takes on stories unfinished. My smart phone, a pen a.. more..

Writing