I Want it All,

I Want it All,

A Chapter by Jasmine S. Edwards
"

one's desires can lead to their own demise

"


Assassins are still used to do the crime syndicates’, gangs’, pimps’ and businessmen’s dirty work. An assassin comes after Lorelei believing she is the leader of  The Pink Flamingos. Kenjin and Apollo track down the assassin to find out that it’s a teenage girl. Kenjin lets her go and says there is no leader so don’t waste her life chasing after something that isn’t there. Kenjin and Apollo return and Lorelei is heated. She hates assassins and feels like they are the scum of the criminals, only motivated by money. Kenjin tells her a story about an assassin who doesn't fit the stereotype.


  This particular assassin doesn’t work for a syndicate and works by getting close to its targets, finding out what their greatest desire is and use it to kill them.  Strings of assassination are occurring and they all tie to the seven deadly sins and seven heavenly virtues.


Sequence: "I Want it All"- Dangerous Muse

The first target was a hefty man who overindulged in food with starving children just outside his doors (Gluttony), his food is poisoned. The second target was a man who abstained from having sex but would rape his victims with any object he could find (Chastity), he was lured into a rapist’s hands. The third target was a woman who did nothing as a falsely accused man was murdered in front of her (Sloth), she was found out and killed herself. The fourth target was a man who was envious of his neighbor and his wife and kills them (Envy), the assassin became his new neighbor. The fifth target was a woman who was so persistent in courting a man killed any woman who came near him (Diligence), only one of these woman killed her instead. The sixth target was a man who sought to obtain justice by killing the family of the man who killed his daughter (Temperance), the assassin wired the houses with explosives. The seventh target was a woman who is an assassin who was truly concerned with the welfare of the syndicate (Humility), the assassin was her rival and they dueled it out. The eight target was a woman who tormented her victim to commit suicide (Wrath), the assassin acted as a phantom to drive her to suicide. The ninth victim was a man who was being generous by spreading his STD to many of the city’s prostitutes (Charity), the assassin chopped off his penis. The tenth target was a woman who took advantage of the kindness of others (Kindness) and was kind to them until she got what she wanted and then disposed of them; the assassin got close to her and disposed of her. The eleventh target was a man who desired money and robbed many banks throughout the city killing anyone in his way (Greed), the assassin put explosives on his get-away van. The twelfth target was a woman who preyed on men and would have them arrested claiming they raped her (Lust), the assassin lead the police to catch her in the act. The thirteenth target was a woman who set traps for her victims like she was playing a game with their lives, waiting for them to fail (Patience), and the assassin set up a trap of her own. The fourteenth target was a man who fought and killed others just to prove he was the best and develops a Messiah Complex (Pride), the assassin kills him by crucifixion. An ongoing bedtime story Kenjin’s father told him and Lamar when they were so young. This mystery assassin turns out to be Kenjin's mother, Faye Rei Phoenix.




  The assassin returns to take Lorelei out and this time she is ready. Coming through the bathroom window, Lorelei dumps her into the tub and electrocutes her.  This was the first time she had killed someone in self defense and she breaks down to be comforted by Kenjin. She wonders what kind of assassin the girl was. Kenjin tells her that she was a lost soul caught up in the gang lifestyle.



© 2014 Jasmine S. Edwards


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

286 Views
Added on March 25, 2014
Last Updated on March 26, 2014


Author

Jasmine S. Edwards
Jasmine S. Edwards

Rochester, NY



About
College student who loves to write in my free time :) Always looking for inspiration and a good story to read. I write what comes to my mind or my takes on stories unfinished. My smart phone, a pen a.. more..

Writing