Body of Lies

Body of Lies

A Chapter by Shiveon

 

Body of Lies

 

          2K13 (March 26)

 

A full moon was in the black sky. Everything was calm and bathed in white light. Although Holi was tomorrow but nature had lost its colours. I was flying too high in thunder of colours and I landed in middle of a street. Night was clean and moony, I could be seen. So I chocked myself into smoke and sooner I lost myself.

 

I was walking slowly on the road, I knew I could not be seen but I did not want to wake up anyone and sooner I reached. I bended myself before the sign board�"

 

                                “28-B” I read them very quietly.

 

     “Yeah, this is the house; Definitely it is”

 

I stood there for a second and moved my neck around. No one was there only a window was lightened. He must be there, I answered me.

 

“Hey! Happy Holi”

“Happy Holi Y

“How are you?”

“Fine and u”

“I’m also fine”

“Well Y I don’t have anything to say, do you?”

“Hmmm”

“Say it”

“When did you started liking me”

Y; Y, I have told you so many times ,I don’t know myself. Why is this so important for you??”

“This is important for me. u just tell”

“Okk Y my answer is again same ‘I don’t know’”

“Xxxxxxxxx?????”

Hello My Diary! How are you? I think you are fine and enjoying the texts. Its real diary he don’t know when he started liking her. He was afraid that if he says that he stared liking her after the conversing on fb, what she would think??? He didn’t know what she would think. He was in the confusion between the past and the present. He was in the confusion between like or love. He couldn’t conclude that he is in love or it’s just an attraction.

 

“Wait a minute I’ll be back within a minute”

“What is the answer” he asked himself and a voice came from past.”

“Don’t let this chance gone, there are so many in the queue.”

 

He felt it; I’ll show her; from when I started liking her. He jumped on the bed and rushed to the almirah. He was thinking, would it be justified? He opened the almirah and his hands searched the bottom.

“Got it”, he screamed.

When he returned to the bed he was with a box, an ancient antique box. He scoffs the dust from it. His heart was refusing not to do it but he opened it.

“It will be a lie”

“But she wants to know”

“It will be a lie”

“Everything is fair in love and war”

He ripped a newspaper cutting from the bottom of the box. There were some students in the cutting, they were smiling but not moving like our news paper. And there I saw X on the top and Y below him. Perhaps it was pemphlated when he won a trophy and for memories; he cremated it. X the nerd he doesn’t believe in present, he like to roll in past. He took off the cutting onto desk and pictured the pic; only of Y.

            Very well X, now I can understand what you want to do. You will send this picture to Y and make her believe that you liked her from very beginning. Clever X. Old love huh! You are a real s**t X. I feel ashamed on myself why I took your memories? You want Y’s love on lies. He uploaded it and he was a button behind it but he didn’t press it.

“What if she’ll know that you lied to her?”

“She will understand”

“A lie, X it won’t be forgiven”

“But I love her”

“Don’t do it”

“I have to”

And he pressed it. Wrong totally wrong, It is not the way it had to be.

 

“You have my pic!!!!”

“How is it?”

“From when??”

“From high school”

“Really!!!”

“Hmmmm”

“Oh, X

Poor Y she had no chance. Which girl would ignore this type of evidence? What would a girl think when she sees her old picture in someone’s private collection. I think X hit on the nerve.

“So how’s it?”

“It’s not good”

“But I liked it”

Again lie, picture was not that good, I could barely see that there was a human having specs. If Y didn’t confirm it, I would say it’s a false pic.

“Oh it’s a news paper cutting??”

“Yup”

“When you become that daring person???”

“I just liked the pic so I scraped it but if you don’t like it then I’m sorry. I’ll never do it again.”

“No no X, you are getting it wrong. I was saying you were not that kind of boy who could do that thing for a girl”

“That girl was you”

“Tell me what else you did ???”

“Nothing else. Are you tired?”

“No, you want to sleep??”

“No I slept whole day”

“Then all is well. Now tell me what else you did, some old memories.”

“Well, do you remember last holi?”

“2012??”

“Were you in 12th in 2012??”

“Yup”

“Then 2 year back holi”

“2011??”

“Yes”

“So what about that??”

“You came nearby my house, you remember??”

“Yup”

“What was the colour of dress you wore??”

“Who knows X, I don’t even know which dress I wore.”

“I know, purple salwaar; am I right?”

“I don’t know if I ever had a purple salwaar!!”

Yeah! X’s memory was very sharp, he knew what she wore. He could tell even what was in her right hand; he is a kind of Sherlock. He examine people from top to toe and can say about their personality, but talking about her dress is not making any sense??

“But what about the dress?”

“It was good. haha, lol”

“What was this??”

“Just a description, it is not necessary that I always talk in romantic manner. Lol”

“Horrific”

J Let me tell you something, I got a memory”

“Tell something good, not like before”

“I assure you, you’ll enjoy it.”

“Start”

“Do you know your name???”

“XXXXX??”

“No that’s mine, tell me yours?? :D

“You people! Nick named me, didn’t you???”

“Yeah!!! Guess what it was”

“I don’t know, you tell”

“Not too fast Y, keep patient, didn’t you hear about it.”

“No, you tell”

“It was Battery”

“Battery but you also had specs, then why me??”

“Listen listen, I’m not done here, full name was Double Battery”

“Now double battery?? Why that so?”

“But I don’t even know why they tagged you with double battery.., so do you like it”

“No never. Hey X! Tell me one thing”

“Ask”

“Tell me truth, did you really like me in high school??”

“What else evidence you want, what do you think what I was doing with the pic in these years”

 

Again a lie, diary! Again and again. He had no guts of telling the truth that he never liked her, never do. All s***s he is doing are that for fun. F****r!! No diary don’t be confused I’m just saying it in rage. He liked her but never revealed a single sign to her, so it is obvious for a girl to think that the person whom she liked is telling truth or just passing time with her. But the thing about pic was not the truth. pic was not with him for intended purpose, it was with him to think that; once he was a king.

 

“No I’m just asking”

He didn’t answer and remained frozen for a while.

Is it right what he is doing? He asked himself. Is it that, he want? What would be the result when she got realised that He is a drinker, He is a smoker, drug junkie. He is not old X. He lied to her. On a base of lie which building he wants to build.

 

“Hello X, are you there???”

“A beep of message trance his thoughts”

“I’m here”

“Sorry X, I just wanted to know. Sorry, sorry”

“It’s okay Y

“Well did anyone know what you were doing??”

“No Y, I keep my secrets deep below in my heart(and in box)”

“Do you know X when we were in school, all girls called you in your full name but I wanted to call you only X. And nevertheless they should have had know that I like you so I had to call you XKG.”

(She did like me, his heart blossomed with joy)

“Smarty..”

J X if I say yes than how far our relationship will go”

“It will depend on your yes”

He knew he has caught Y, but he did not want to force Y.  She will accept his proposal; it was only a matter of time. He wanted to enjoy the time. More talking, never meeting; a distant romance.

“Hmmm”

“Let me give you three options”

“1 relationship, if your answer is yes!”

“And 2 friends forever if your answer is no!”

“What do you mean a relationship???”

“That means how we are now”

“Okkay, what’s the third option!”

“It depends on you”

“Very good, all things depend only on me”

“That is the option Three.. J

“And what about parents??”

“Don’t bother about my parents. They will be okay”

“How could you say that they will be okay????”

“Because they have said, you have to find your fiancé,”

“But how fluently you said, don’t bother about my parents like they know about us or?”

“No No they don’t know”

“They have said you whoever you choose, they will accept her, even intercast!!!!”

“Definitely”

What a confidence, just ‘definitely’ like his father is the prime minister of the country. Oh what a modern family, they just said their son “Go find your fiancé.” huh I don’t believe it; I think it is another lie, what a clever jackal, a true body of lies.

“And what about my parents how will you convince them??”

“Do not bother about it, and by the way you are going too fast; Easy Y, easy.”

“Then what do you want now”

“It is the option three, what now?? Let it go in its own way, agree??”

“Hmmmm okkk. gn tc and wish you a very happy Holi again”

“Same to you angel”

 

I pulled myself from white silk, and I was again in my room, full of smoke. I must not use his memories, dirty, filthy memories, full of lies. Why was I chosen for it why? I lightened a Marlboro. What would be the consequences of the lies. I don’t know, neither you.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2014 Shiveon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
Added on May 12, 2014
Last Updated on June 1, 2014


Author

Shiveon
Shiveon

Kota, Rajasthan, India



About
Body of Lies... more..

Writing
Scars Scars

A Poem by Shiveon