383 KB

383 KB

A Chapter by Shiveon

 

383 KB

 

                                                     2K13 (December 3)

 

“Hey slow down.”Man shouted very hard.

 

“Sorry pal.”

 

And X started it again. He was riding on his bike and speed was about 50 and it was catching speed 60, shocker was absorbing shocks or giving shocks; I can't say.

 

“Balls! Traffic! I have to shortcut”

 

 He watched it was 8:45.

 

“They will close it in 15 min, I must have hurry”

 

He geared it in forth and accelerated it in full speed. Piston was weeping, Bike was crying and crowd was shouting. Why was he in so hurry? What happened? I think something bad had happened but he doesn't have a concern with them, he will take care of them later. 

Suddenly Engine choked, it signed empty fuel.

 

“Of f**k! All bad luck came together but nothing can stop me, not this time” he said to himself.

 

Just a minute baby, help me, be with me. He can see the lights just for once. He geared down and accelerated it in full speed. Fuel emptied and his queen was not starting. Only hope was that he must run. He saw his legs, he was injured; a serious one but he have to do it

 

“Sorry, I’m coming back”

 

He threw his queen and started to run. It was still a km far.

 

“How I can reach in time, five minutes?”  He asked himself.

 

He ran. He ran like a horse and didn't look back. At that moment I am sure he could beat bolt.

 But at last he reached, his legs became paralyzed but he has to go upstairs. There will be a lot of time to care about them but first his data.

 

“Oh you reached I didn't think u can do it”

 

“I had to, so what about data? Is it come back?”

His lungs wanted to come outside, his chest was in pain and he was coughing when speaking.

 

 

“Calm down Mr.’X’, just breath. Take a glass of water”

 

 He signed a man and soon the man came with a glass of water. He finished it in a one gulp.

 

“So did it come back?”

 

“Well your lapi is alright, we changed your hard disk and it is like a brand new”

Worker shoved X’s lapi like it’s his daughter but X didn’t look at him, he wanted something else.

 

“And data..??”

 

“Well I’m very sorry Mr.’X’. We couldn't recover your data”

 

He stared at the man with no emotion. His joy just vanished into thin air and anger becoming to ride on him.

 

“What you mean, couldn’t recover. You promised me you said me, It will all be recovered”

His voice was too high that all workers were staring on him but he didn’t look at them. He was real angry.

 

“The damage was too high and partition got corrupted. So you know.”

 

“F**k! How much?”

 

“What?”

 

“How much you need?”

 

“Well I can take you to my senior, you can discuss about it.”

 

He took ‘X’ to his senior.

 

“Hello sir, this is Mr. ‘X’ and he wants his data recovered”

“Have a seat Mr.’X’”

 

“I’ve seen the report, damage was unchangeable, and if you want to recover your data we have to work hard on it. So it will ease your pants”

 

“How much?”

 

“It depends”

 

“On what!”

 

“Your type of chose data, for recovery. If you want all of your data, it will cost.”

 

“I don’t want my whole data. I just want a zip file or an html document size 383 KB.              Just 383 KB.”

 

Man Laughed, “only a file, 383 KB

 

But ‘X’ didn't laugh. Somehow he did want to cut out throat of the boss. But he controlled on himself. The Boss was his last hope and generally people don’t cut throats of hope.

 

“I want it, Can you do it?” he asked to boss as politely he could.

 

“Well it will cost more because for a particular file” We have to go inside the system and have to extract it.”

 

“How much?” he had asked the same question three times but the fuckers were not telling him the main part.

 

“It usuaally costs 2000, but for you we will cut it down to 1500”

 

X got shocked, “WTF” For just a 383 KB file, and he is costing a whole disk.”

He felt hatred for the boss, though boss was looking co-operative but ‘X’ felt he was a kind of lobhi.

 

“I can tell you its location”

 

“Oh no! We will manage it, so you want it.”

 

1500 cost was too high, though the file was more valuable than money but he didn’t have money at that moment.

 He thought to call his friends and ask for money. But who would lend him money? He was already in debt. If he had the money he would give the money in no time.

 

His love memories were more than money.

 

“Can you cut it down; I can manage only 500 at this moment.”

 

“Sorry sir we can't. We only have disk till morning and we have to work on it in night. So it will cost labour work.”

 

B*****d! Somehow he knew that ‘X’ wants his file so badly, and will pay as much he say. He wanted his conversation, probably that was the only thing he left otherwise all things which connect him with ‘Y’; he had burned. He archived them so he could feel them later, could see her “luv u”. That was the proof that once he loved, once someone loved him.

                                  His heart was sinking down with pain, his eyes got juicy and he got chocked in the memories; all things got smoked and the reality was that he had nothing to lose.

 

                               Your memories are leaving me ‘Y’, like you. All I had got was your memories.

                                  “Your love you.”

                                  “Your haha..”

                                  “Your lol, your how’s you, are you mad.”

                                  “Even your; I hate you, All things are leaving me now...”

 

                                  And I cannot do anything....

                                      I miss you more than I can bear ‘Y’

        But I have to let your memories go.

                                                    We had our time together...

 

His eyes were melting, but there was no emotion on his face. How a person can lost so much things in his life. I want to help him but I cannot do anything, these are memories diary and I can’t bend them.

 

“I don't need.” He said it with no emotion; he was staring in the dark. Perhaps its God will.

 And he packed his lapi, did formalities and returned to his queen.

 

                                 “Sorry angel. I will fill you up”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2014 Shiveon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
Added on May 12, 2014
Last Updated on June 1, 2014


Author

Shiveon
Shiveon

Kota, Rajasthan, India



About
Body of Lies... more..

Writing
Scars Scars

A Poem by Shiveon